Skip to content

USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

Please to create posts and topics.

Lowering Project

PreviousPage 2 of 2

Doug, interesting to see what you are doing. Also interesting to note that you are a facebook friend. Bruce.

A picture out of the garage.

Attached files

Doug "Rain Man" Plotner 2nd Thief M/M chapter coordinator Eastern Panhandle WV USCA #8789 01 883C Sportster /Velorex combo 95 Ultra Classic Electra Glide /California Friendship combo Iron Butt Association member

Ok here is some more details. Bike is lowered 2 1/2" sidecar is lowered about 4" and the overall rig is 3" wider with wheel lead reduced by about 3".
So since riding from April 12th till now I have noticed a few things. The sidecar feels heavier , the steering feels lighter and i reduced the counter weight by 25 lbs..
I also put slightly quieter mufflers on and it seems to have increassed power slightly, I have found myslef a few times running 80 MPH on the interstate.

Doug "Rain Man" Plotner 2nd Thief M/M chapter coordinator Eastern Panhandle WV USCA #8789 01 883C Sportster /Velorex combo 95 Ultra Classic Electra Glide /California Friendship combo Iron Butt Association member

wvsporty - 4/29/2015 9:51 AM

...I have found myself a few times running 80 MPH on the interstate.

Is that fast (good), or slow (bad), for you? 🙂

Michael that is good for me. An 883 doesnt have much power to begin with and then i add a 200 pound box on the side.

PreviousPage 2 of 2