Skip to content

USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

Please to create posts and topics.

Looking for sources to buy mounts/ clamps

Hello Folks, I will be mounting a  DMC M-72 A sidecar i bought,used and an looking for different sources for buying  different mounting clamps, clevises,and eye bolts, etc, as well as different length mounting "struts".  I will be doing everything myself, so looking for sources to purchase the hardware I need. I know about DMC, and know what Jay carries.( Nice guy by the way) I am looking for some different vendors as well.

I appreciate any recomendations and links, or suggestions.

thanks all in advance

Rick D.

FlyinMonkeys has reacted to this post.
FlyinMonkeys

Good luck. If you are looking for the so called universal mounts they are hard to come by any from what I have seen and if you do find them expensive.

They are also not really universal.

You would be money ahead and have mounts that work going with ones DMC makes for your bike.

FlyinMonkeys

Rick, there are several places that you can contact regarding the parts and items you need to attach your tub to your tug.

I can personally recommend Hannigan Sidecars in Murray, Kentucky....Freedom Sidecars in Pennsylvania...and Champion Sidecars in So. Cal.

Any of those three would be happy top assist you, and sell you the correct products to complete your project.

Sven Frackelton has reacted to this post.
Sven Frackelton
Two Million Miles, and All 7 Continents

Rick: Where do you live? In addition to what FM said, there's Texas Sidecar; The Wark Shop [Ohio]; Boxer Metal [CA] a chap I can't recall in OR maybe other 

Duncan

FlyinMonkeys
2011 R1200GS + EML CT2001

Thanks Fellas, for the responses. I am in Southern Arizona. I checked with the Wark shop, and he stated he does not sell any mounting hardware, he only has it for his own use.I will check with some of the other vendors suggested. I installed a Texas sidecars ranger on a previous Guzzi rig, and the owner of Texas sidecars was very helpful, and willing to sell parts to the do it yourselfer. 

I also have found a machinist, that will custom make eye bolts, and such as needed, and makes some specifically to fit a Guzzi" Tonti" frame.

Rick D.

Thane Lewis and FlyinMonkeys have reacted to this post.
Thane LewisFlyinMonkeys

I don't know what's available in your area but here in Spokane we have a business, Fasteners, Inc that has every imaginable fastener you can imagine at a very reasonable price. If such a place is available there, it's worth a shot. 

FlyinMonkeys and Sven Frackelton have reacted to this post.
FlyinMonkeysSven Frackelton
- "retired" WA state rep. Many years and many posts more than what show up here now.

Probably late but we sell mounts http://www.cyclesidecar.com

Kevin Mahoney

CCjon and Sven Frackelton have reacted to this post.
CCjonSven Frackelton
Kevin Mahoney Cozy Sidecar cyclesidecar.com 623-512-0377
Quote from Bigbikerrick on October 5, 2022, 4:24 pm

Hello Folks, I will be mounting a  DMC M-72 A sidecar i bought,used and an looking for different sources for buying  different mounting clamps, clevises,and eye bolts, etc, as well as different length mounting "struts".  I will be doing everything myself, so looking for sources to purchase the hardware I need. I know about DMC, and know what Jay carries.( Nice guy by the way) I am looking for some different vendors as well.

I appreciate any recomendations and links, or suggestions.

thanks all in advance

Rick D.

What are you mounting it to ?   It helps to know.

CCjon has reacted to this post.
CCjon

My "Tug" is going to be a 1998 Moto Guzzi V 11 EV   The sidecar is a DMC M 72A 

CCjon and FlyinMonkeys have reacted to this post.
CCjonFlyinMonkeys

Rick, now that TSC...Texas Sidecar Company, has bought out the remnants of DMC, they may be able to help you with mounts and clamps to fit that DMC M-72-A sidecar to your Guzzi.

Contact Kent Silk or Jon at Texas Sidecar Company.

CCjon and smitty901 have reacted to this post.
CCjonsmitty901
Two Million Miles, and All 7 Continents

I would appreciate  advice of where  to buy a used California friendship  111 sidecar with a motorcycle  or without. Would prefer a Honda Goldwing . 

Quote from Bigbikerrick on December 13, 2022, 2:56 pm

My "Tug" is going to be a 1998 Moto Guzzi V 11 EV   The sidecar is a DMC M 72A 

Try Watsonian sidecars , they sell dedicated bike mount sets.    I just bought one for a BSA A10.   What ever happens you will need 4 arms.

CCjon has reacted to this post.
CCjon

Thank you, will check it out.

Rick