Notifications
Clear all

Looking for owners of Hannigan Heritage's in FL

17 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
(@stephen-baird)
Topic starter

I feel this may be an odd request, but I am looking to find someone in FL (I live in Stuart, FL) that has a Hannigan Heritage sidecar.  I just want to see one before I order one.  I am willing to travel a bit to see one and bring my wife along for the viewing.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Posted : September 9, 2021 12:27 pm
(@smitty901)

You idea is a good one  the Heritage is a big car . It may not be right for some. Best to be sure..

I  Have a Hannigan twin classic I chose it over the Heritage

Posted : September 11, 2021 12:05 pm
(@stephen-baird)
Topic starter

Thanks for the thumbs up on Hannigan.  I am/was torn on DMC Tomahawk SE vs. Hannigan Heritage.

Posted : September 11, 2021 12:24 pm
(@smitty901)

DMC is an honorable place to do business. As is Hannigan. They are different.

They are the only two I would trust anymore. Sidecar is a big expense. One that requires you do the home work and ask the questions.

Do not fall for the scams out there. The only way to avoid them is DMC or Hannigan.

Once you buy it and spend the cash, it is yours and will never recover the cost should you change your mind.

For many of us we will never give up our sidecars

Posted : September 12, 2021 6:14 am
(@2FLTC)

IT's an easy choice I would go with a Hannigan all the way. 

Posted : September 13, 2021 2:28 am
(@stephen-baird)
Topic starter

Thanks gents.

Posted : September 13, 2021 3:16 am
(@dholaday2)

Quote from smitty901 on September 12, 2021, 11:14 am

DMC is an honorable place to do business. As is Hannigan. They are different.

They are the only two I would trust anymore. Sidecar is a big expense. One that requires you do the home work and ask the questions.

Do not fall for the scams out there. The only way to avoid them is DMC or Hannigan.

Once you buy it and spend the cash, it is yours and will never recover the cost should you change your mind.

For many of us we will never give up our sidecars

There are lots of other "Honorable" builders - EML [Eurowing], Claude Stanley, LBS, Texas sidecar among them. But do your homework. 

Duncan

Posted : September 15, 2021 5:48 am
(@pete)

I am about 3 1/2 hours away. With top and without

Posted : September 16, 2021 11:09 am
(@stephen-baird)
Topic starter

Thanks for the response Pete.  I sent you a private message with my contact details.  Nice rig BTW.

Posted : September 16, 2021 1:08 pm
(@2FLTC)

Pete    That sure is nice looking.

Posted : September 17, 2021 2:15 am
(@pete)

Let Steve and his wife see what they were getting themselves into by riding around my park.

Posted : September 19, 2021 6:56 am
(@stephen-baird)
Topic starter

Pete,  Thanks for confirming my Hannigan decision and letting me dive/wife ride my first ever sidecar rig.  My wife and I will always remember that time.  Your experience was very informative and will help me greatly when I get my own rig hopefully in November.   Best regards, Steve & Kim (Sydney the dog)

Posted : September 20, 2021 6:19 am
(@pete)

I forgot to mention, you will need to readjust your headlight if getting the ez steer triple trees.

You are very welcome and it was a pleasure to meet you both. My motive for having you ride was to take some of the apprehension away by going around on relatively empty roads. Good luck in your journey !

Posted : September 20, 2021 11:09 am
(@stephen-baird)
Topic starter

Pete,

I did finally get the rig from Hannigan.  I am still learning how to drive it, but am having a great time.  Have a great holiday season.  Hope you guys are well. -Steve

Posted : December 1, 2021 2:54 pm
(@2FLTC)

That sure is a nice looking rig. Hannigan does a good job with that model.

Posted : December 2, 2021 2:46 am
Page 1 / 2