Skip to content

USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

Please to create posts and topics.

Looking for CSC Friendship 1 wheel (four lug)

hello

Looking for a CSC four lug 13" wheel for a CSC friendship 1 - Does anyone know the bolt pattern and rim size? Should it be 4" with a 4.5 inch rim? Thanks

It is a 4 on 4 inch pattern. We usually change these over to 12 inch trailer wheels as a 145 12 tire is much easier to come by then a 145 13 tire and 12 inch trailer wheels are easy to come by in many different styles including steel and alloy.
Jay G
DMC sidecars
http://www.dmcsidecars.com
866-638-1793

Jay G DMC sidecars www.dmcsidecars.com 15616 Carbonado South Prairie RD Buckley WA 98321 866-638-1793 Hours Monday - Thursday 6-4:30

I do have one California sidecars wheel used. It holds air but has been curbed a few times so the rim is not even close to perfect, it as a near new 155 13 tire on it which is one size larger then what you should be running. Black in color $100
Jay G
DMC sidecars
866-638-1793

Jay G DMC sidecars www.dmcsidecars.com 15616 Carbonado South Prairie RD Buckley WA 98321 866-638-1793 Hours Monday - Thursday 6-4:30

Thank you. I did not know that. What's on it now is a 4.70 x 12 trailer tire which according to the specs is about 2" smaller in total diameter. Is 4 on 4 the same as 4 on 100mm? And you're comparing a 145-80-13 with a 145-75-12 or a 145-80? I can check that for total height. I'll also let you know on the CSC wheel. The whole rig is crooked and needs complete realignment, and your 155 wheel is only 1/4 inch taller than stock.

The issue is width. The sidecar body was not designed for an automotive type wheel. It was designed for a skinny 16 inch motorcycle wheel however the wheels they used were/are failing so CSC converted over to the automotive wheel. 145 barely fits under the fiberglass, the 155 does not. If as I suspect it may be this sidecar has a torsion bar suspension, by loosening the two pinch clamps on the swing arm you can adjust ride height. 100mm and 4 inch are not the same, we do make a 4 on 100mm hub however if you wanted to change over to this. We make it two ways, one with out a brake rotor mount as we use to make trailers that we made these hubs for to allow us to you nicer looking wheels then trailer wheels. We also offer it set up for a brake rotor and do offer a brake kit.
Before you realign the sidecar check its lower mounts. If they are the old type ball collet mount you should up grade to hiem joints as the ball collet type mounts are known to fail. If it is crooked either it was assembled this way or the mounts either slipped or bent. If they slipped or bent you should consider up grading the system as realigning it other wise will only be a temporary fix.
Jay G
DMC sidecars
866-638-1793

Thank you. It looks to be one with a swing arm, shock absorber and a bolt through the swing-arm pivot