Skip to content

USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

Please to create posts and topics.

Lonnie's passing

I was happy to see the latest edition of the Sidecarist in the mail box this morning. And seconds later shocked and saddened to read of the passing of a good friend. Thank you Judy for taking the time to write the Sidecarist and letting us know of Lonnie's passing. His health had been the monkey on his back for several years. He's free now. Barb and I send heartfelt condolences to Judy and the whole family. Lonnie will be missed.

Well, I am very sorry to hear this....rest in peace Lonnie....

I'm so sorry to hear of Lonnie's passing. I still remember two years ago (or was it three) when he put the Velorex on my Triumph T100. I remember, too, your driving me to the motel in your Miata. In the short time I was there I felt as though I'd known the two of you for a long time. The sidecar still rides straight and true.

Lonnie will be missed by many. Please know that you're in my thoughts and prayers.

Karl

Spirits travel free of pain.

Lonnie has been a guidance and good soul for these years here on the forum.
Thank you Lonnie and may your soul enjoy now heavens roads.
Until we will meet in person the day we wake up without any aches.
Sven

Godpeed Lonnie, I only knew you through this forum, but you will be missed! My condolences to family and friends.

Sad news indeed. Our thoughts are with his family and friends.

Yes, sad news indeed. Lonnie was always generous with sharing his knowledge and experience, especially with me when i was a new sidecarist. And he had a knack for finding reliable tugs and assembling simple, functional, rigs. I regret I never had an opportunity to stop by his shop for a visit.

Lee / Summer Grove, Louisiana: Ural cT, CJ750, Burgman/Texas Ranger, Zuma 50F, MB5, TW200, CRF250L, GTV300