Skip to content

USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

Please to create posts and topics.

Location of 2023 USCA National Rally ?

Page 1 of 4Next

First, a very big Thank You to DirtyDR for hosting this years' USCA National Rally in Hotchkiss, CO. You did a great job, and I thank you very much.

Next, CCJon, do you know WHERE the USCA National Rally for 2023 will be located yet?

As in, which State ???

Two Million Miles, and All 7 Continents

Look forward to visiting northern Iowa for the 2023 USCA Rally,  June 22 - 25th.  

Actually a state park on the border with Minnesota, watch for more details as arrangements are confirmed.

smitty901, BriSco and 3 other users have reacted to this post.
smitty901BriScoCraigJoe NorrisFlyinMonkeys

Iowa you say. I better start looking into it now 

FlyinMonkeys has reacted to this post.
FlyinMonkeys
USCA # 8913

The region has some times been called the Amish Riviera. 

FlyinMonkeys

Has a DATE been set for the 2023 National Rally in Iowa ???????

Two Million Miles, and All 7 Continents

2023 USCA Rally, Gull Point State Park, Spirit Lake, Iowa,  June 21 to 25th.

Registration opens January 1, 2023 here on sidecar.com

FlyinMonkeys

IA State Parks only allow registration 90 days prior to registration date; will we be able to register for campsites prior to that 90-day window?

FlyinMonkeys

After January 1 will we sign in/reserve on USCA site or the Iowa park site?

Joe Norris, Reardan Tom and FlyinMonkeys have reacted to this post.
Joe NorrisReardan TomFlyinMonkeys

Rally registration will be here on sidecar.com, camping sites will be with the park itself.

FlyinMonkeys

Should be nice.

FlyinMonkeys
2009 Yamaha Venture with Hannigan Hack 1999 Valkyrie IS 2006 Goldwing 2021 Ram 3500/6.7HO

Will we be using the Gull Point Lodge as rally headquarters?

Do we have any blocks of campsites reserved or do we just grab what we can and intermingle with the other campers?

FlyinMonkeys

Is there any more information on campsites yet?

The Gull Point State Park campground has 110 sites available and since they say it is one of the most popular campgrounds in the district I can see them going quick when they become available for reservations in March of 2023.

Dana

FlyinMonkeys

Any information yet?

Dana

FlyinMonkeys

2023 USCA Rally, Gull Point State Park on Spirit Lake, Milford, Iowa, June 22 to 25th.

Rally registration opens January 1, 2023 here on sidecar.com

The rally master is working on finalizing rally registration details.

Stand by for further announcements.

Thane Lewis and FlyinMonkeys have reacted to this post.
Thane LewisFlyinMonkeys

Thank you, inquiring minds want to know.

I see there is a post in Sidecar Events on the main page now.

FlyinMonkeys and Viajero have reacted to this post.
FlyinMonkeysViajero

End of May we will be getting back from a trip to Williamsburg VA. I doubt wife will be up for a second on right away . trip home we have a 1,000 mile day to do.

Talking with a friend of mine that has a sidecar also maybe the two of us can make it.

FlyingMonkeys has reacted to this post.
FlyingMonkeys

I've been working on lining up tours, making arrangements for meals, and other 2023 National Rally things.

I'll address lodging in today's post.

The rally will be held at Gull Point State Park on the west shore of Lake Okoboji located north of Milford, IA in Dickinson County, with entry to the park off IA Highway 86.  The Iowa DNR does not permit reservation of all campsites at their state parks.  They want to have campsites available for drop-in campers.  They begin taking reservations 3 months before you plan to arrive, so if you are arriving on June 22 you should probably check the availability of sites which can be reserved on March 21.  If you can't book your dates on March 21 you should try again on March 22.  There are several state parks with campsites available within several miles of Gull Point.

Persons with large motor homes should  check with Marble Beach State Park for camping accommodations where they have drive-through sites.  Marble Beach State Park is located on the west side of Spirit Lake, also in the Iowa Great Lakes Area.

None of the state parks in the Iowa Great Lakes Area have cabins available, though you may be able to find privately owned cabins available for rent in the area.

The Great Lakes Area is a popular summer resort area.  If you are planning to stay in a motel, AirB&B, or similar accommodation, plan to book your lodging early.  There are motels available in the Wahpeton, Milford, Arnolds Park, Okoboji, and Spirit Lake, IA area.

I'll periodically post more information regarding the rally.

CCjon has reacted to this post.
CCjon

Anyone know much about Gull Point State Park – Lake Okoboji, IA.

Is there any lodging at the camp ground? I spent to many years of my life in tents never going back to that.

Their WEB sight offering little information that works.

Thane Lewis and FlyingMonkeys have reacted to this post.
Thane LewisFlyingMonkeys

Ok, plans in the works. Question before I register. Is there group or a camp area for us Riff Raff at the site. Why I ask is at the Coeur D'Alene rally I had booked a camp site but they were about RV's with no facilities for us tenters. Luckily I discovered every one was just camping in a grassy area next to the rally buildings and I moved. Is this the case at Gull Point or do I need to really book a spot? I am sort of an Ad Lib traveller. 

FlyingMonkeys has reacted to this post.
FlyingMonkeys
Quote from smitty901 on January 4, 2023, 12:31 pm

Anyone know much about Gull Point State Park – Lake Okoboji, IA.

Is there any lodging at the camp ground? I spent to many years of my life in tents never going back to that.

Their WEB sight offering little information that works.

Agreed that the state’s website is not helpful in any real sense.  As described earlier, reservations for campsites cannot be made more than 90 days in advance and FC-FS applies for half of the sites.  I can’t say whether/what portion of the campsites are tent friendly, but I get the sense that most are intended for RV rather than primitive and tents.

Quote from MGV8 on January 7, 2023, 2:37 pm

Ok, plans in the works. Question before I register. Is there group or a camp area for us Riff Raff at the site. Why I ask is at the Coeur D'Alene rally I had booked a camp site but they were about RV's with no facilities for us tenters. Luckily I discovered every one was just camping in a grassy area next to the rally buildings and I moved. Is this the case at Gull Point or do I need to really book a spot? I am sort of an Ad Lib traveller. 

inquiring minds want to know!

My initial searches for AirBNB and hotel/motel show very few but expensive options  available on the Gull Point side of the lake complex for the rally weekend. In the “pocket” between West/East Okoboji are a number of options which begin at $175 per night and rapidly escalate due to it being high season in a highly desirable travel destination. 

The pocket between the lakes seems like a cool place, but is several miles in RV/Boat trailer infested roads to the rally site.  If I am mistaken about this assessment, I await correction.

Joe Norris and FlyingMonkeys have reacted to this post.
Joe NorrisFlyingMonkeys
Page 1 of 4Next