Skip to content

USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

Please to create posts and topics.

Learnin' Again

Since I had to stop driving my touring sidecar rig due to medical reasons I haven't ridden at all for some time. I picked up a 100th Anniversary WideGlide Harley in Phoenix last week and hope to be able to use it since a solo bike is much easier to handle.
Took my first run with it yesterday, my first solo bike ride in years. Didn't forget to put my feet down but it's like starting all over again in the slow turns.
Sore thighs and calves today but it was great getting back into the wind again.
My riding partner had his 4 year old son in one of my sidecar rigs so it was kind of a sidecar run.

Lonnie

Hope it's the answer Lonnie. Good luck to ya, my friend!!!

So glad you're able to ride again. Glad to hear you remembered to put your foot down! I face that concern every time I switch my my BMW R1100 rig to my Triumph T100 solo. Could get very embarrassing, very quickly, if we forget we've only got two wheels!

With one rigid and one leaner rig it can be interesting to say the least. Add to that a fluid drive Convert and a 5 speed.

I hope your medical problem is a temporary one and that you can get back to riding your sidecar rig. :o:-(

cleatusj - 9/1/2013 4:34 PM

Add to that a fluid drive Convert

What dis?

The fluid drive convert was a Moto Guzzi built from '75-'81 with an auto trans.

dsrdave - 9/12/2013 3:34 PM

The fluid drive convert was a Moto Guzzi built from '75-'81 with an auto trans.

Well! Had to look that one up, as I'd never heard of it before. I've always had a soft spot for Guzzi's, but obviously don't know much about them - thanks for enlightening me!