Skip to content

USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

Please to create posts and topics.

Leading Link for a Sportster

Could someone please tell me what the deal is with Unit forks. I have several different addresses for them and I have emailed three times with no response? Are they still in business, what is their email address, and where are they?

I have had rigs with a trail reducer, Unit fork and no modification and I loved the leading link. I am presently building a solo highway rig with a 2008 Sportster, XL1200L and would like to consider a leading link fork but can't get a response from anyone in England.

Is there anyone in the states that is building an affordable leading link? Thanks

Leading link front ends are great for sidehack rigs and off road solo bikes, but I fail to see any great advantage with having them on a street solo bike.

Lonnie
NWSC

If you don't have any luck locating someone stateside who is making them through the gurus here, and really decide that is what you want, try contacting Chris Cosentino at chris@cosentinoengineering.com. His website is http://cosentinoengineering.com
If he is unwilling to build you one himself, he may have a lead on someone who is presently doing that. He is a funny front end guy himself who races a bike he built with a hossack front fork.

Lonnie sorry if I wasn't clear. Solo as in no passenger in the sidecar.

Thanks for the lead fastjoe, they should probably call me, oldslowcharlie.

My nickname should be updated too. It's a left over from the past. It would be Slow Joe if it were accurate now. Life does that to you, if you live long enough.

Hi Joe! It's been a while since you been around the forum here. Good to see ya. If you ever cross paths with Don Kopczynski up there in the northland, say hello for me. He lives outside town on 20. As far as your nickname... you might claim what I do. I ain't fast and I ain't slow. I'm half fast. Good luck with the project!

Hi Tom,
Glad you are still around. I don't know him. What kind of bike does he have in case I do? I've had a little bad luck and am awaiting back surgery. No riding for me just now.

He's a Harley rider but I'm not sure just what his current ride is now. Been a while since we've ridden together but we talk on the phone occasionally. We went to school together about 100 years ago... Good luck with the surgery!! Here's hopin' you feel young and spry again soon afterward!!

Thanks Tom,
I appreciate that.

Check with Claude Stanley. He makes some leading link forks.
J.R.
Tex. rep

J.R. thanks, I spoke with Claude yesterday and his fork sounds great. But a little out of my price range at the moment. The real problem is, I can't figure how to tell my wife that she needs to leave retirement and go back to work to pay for my new fork. Again, thanks I am still considering it. Charlie from Monahans, TX

Hi Photozone: Although maybe not quite as good as a leading link, a 5-degree modified [raked] triple tree should yield excellent driveability for a Sportster tug - it did our our former rig:

Rigs at Logan, TX

Lee / Summer Grove, Louisiana: Ural cT, CJ750, Burgman/Texas Ranger, Zuma 50F, MB5, TW200, CRF250L, GTV300

Hedingham Sidecars now produces what used to be Unit leading links. You can try contacting here http://hedinghamsidecars.co.uk/contact-us.html I was unsuccessful using email but that was a couple of years ago. You may have better luck with the phone.

Chuck