Skip to content

USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

Please to create posts and topics.

Late Magna Install and Thanks!

PreviousPage 2 of 2

The "fat" end has a rubber bushing like most shocks. A 3/8" bolt will secure it.
The early Beetle dampar has the longest stroke , over 7", the latrer ones are a bit over 6".

Lonnie

Thanks, Man, I wonder which damper is the softest? I would think the early VW bug, not the bus one...... also I wonder if these are softer than the truck shock made by Gabriel? BTW just put a pair of HD air shocks on the bike, they are great for $30. ! those would fit the rear of the magna perfect I think I am going to grab another pair, and try them instead of the progressive 412's I have on there now..Rick

Wow...cant believe I have not posted on here in awhile :/ .... Well between building bikes, honey do's at home and about 100 hrs labor on the fiberglass tub itself on the Friendship 1 it is done, mounted and wired, carpet done,seat done..... I am figuring out a windshield set up... the stock one is just to bubbly and to far back for the 85 lbs Pitbull to get in and out.........Here is what I did to the trashed and cracked tub that had ill body work and 4 coats of paint.......... Sand blast the whole damn thing, dremel so many cracks my hands hurt, Glass and mesh weak and cracked areas hidden from bondo and paint, fill all holes for snaps and so on, 2 gallons of Vette Panel Adhesive on whole body, full block and block and block and more block.....then airfile and DA ..... Then sprayed 4 coats (gallon) of White Wax Gel Coat .......Block and block all orange peel........then old school buff with rubbing compound and 7" buffer..........Lay Purple 3M rally stripes,cut rear tail light holes to accept run/Brake Red 4" LED lighs,then sand and prep bottom and spray Rattle can bed liner......I cannot believe the labor I have in this between building the subframe, and restoring the Sidecar chassis and suspension..........I will post up pics in the next few days after Iget her new saddlebags hardmounted..... I took the dog for a ride today and she just loves it......

PreviousPage 2 of 2