USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

You need to log in to create posts and topics.

Lack of activity

As said Tom. I had my challange to find access. each time I used another computer my login was reseted, so all I could do was lurk as guest for weeks. Plus due to  business travel I had been riding in cold Germany again on 2 wheels. This time together with my son who contrary to my expectation did defend himself very well in the cold and on slippery wet autumn leaves with his RE.

https://share.icloud.com/photos/0gQ_mRd8n1sWhsHVjKmOJE8kA

Quote from RichardMc4 on December 20, 2018, 5:17 pm

When is it planned to get "The USCA Store" back up?

Richard,

Bringing back the store is a large project.  It involves adding a new piece of software and learning how to use it.  I don't have a date for you.  I know that this is important to you and I apologize for the delay.  T&he store is on our list.

Al Olme Minneapolis, Minnesota

The server at times can be slow . Another thing I have noticed is the sight lay out is hard to use even when you know what you are looking for.

I also want to see this sight grow. I really like sidecars and most sights just have a sidecar thread to fill space. I do my best to promote this sight.

There is a big lack of understanding about sidecars. Most have forgotten how much they were used at one time. Riding now is focused now more on looking cool than function.

Those of use that have found the joy and fun of a useful sidecar need to do more post on how we make use of ours. The reason we like them.

In short we need to make them cool again. Each time we take ours out, I make it a point to answer people questions, even offer them a ride . We get out to parades and events like rides at retirement homes and handicap events for children. I am ask often why not a Trike instead, politely I responded Trikes are so limited and boring. Then I offer them a ride.  Had a lady while back using her phone to video taking Payton's wheel chair out putting wheels on and getting her out. Never met this person in my life. She ask is that legal . I had the chance to educate her. It was cold I showed her Payton has a heated seat and 12 volt heated blanket is she needs it. She was amazed .

Good job Smitty. When asked about a trike v sidecar I always point out that with a sidecar, your motorcycle is still 100% motorcycle where as a trike is half motorcycle half automobile. Plus the fact riding with a sidecar is so much fun.

Tom Wells aka Reardan Tom
Quote from Reardan Tom on December 28, 2018, 6:42 am

Good job Smitty. When asked about a trike v sidecar I always point out that with a sidecar, your motorcycle is still 100% motorcycle where as a trike is half motorcycle half automobile. Plus the fact riding with a sidecar is so much fun.

You are so right. When I put the Hannigan on the RGU  I was determined that taking it off when I wanted was a must.  Spent more cash making it so it would.  After all I did have the other bike with a sidecar. After the first 2,000 miles on the new one , I don't see it coming off. Just to much fun and useful. Maybe we need a thread like what did you do with the sidecar today or how do you use your sidecar.  Show they people just looking around thinking about them  how we use ours. Most people think in a box they have become use to, we need to give them a bigger box .

multiple purpose vehicle is for my concept a better indication for a sidecar rig.

Toolbox still my most frequent purpose, modular work bench, off road worthy ambulance (I once upon the time rode up the stairs to a hospital entrance to deliver patient and myself), furniture van (made 7 house hold moves on my first rig), dogy and mother in law transporter, over night bed, 3*2 = 4*4 substitute, fishing stool, pole holder, takle transporter and breakfast table all in one, children's caroussel, KEG van, volunteer election day's transport, .....

There might still be many more uses I abused my rigs for, that just do not come in mind for now.

Most important use of all:

Make family!

Sven

Uploaded files:
  • IMG_3161.JPG

My 54 inch long Rifle case for the RPR won't fit well in the car. It fits perfectly in the sidecar. So what do you think I took on a two shooting trip?

I haven't been here in awhile so, I was very and pleasantly surprised at the new "look". I think the forum gets more activity than it seems. Just because we don't post doesn't mean we don't look. Thanks for all the work to keep the site running.

Jeff thanks for checking in.

Dave VP USCA