USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

L & W Sidecars

Does anyone know anything about L & W sidecars? I think they may be out of business.There is a for sale ad on Craigslist for one. The seller's description is 1989 TLE , but I can see that it is not a TLE. The chassis has leaf springs like a Harley sidecar but the body is styled like the older styled Harley sidecars.

Quote from mike m on February 3, 2021, 10:31 am

Does anyone know anything about L & W sidecars? I think they may be out of business.There is a for sale ad on Craigslist for one. The seller's description is 1989 TLE , but I can see that it is not a TLE. The chassis has leaf springs like a Harley sidecar but the body is styled like the older styled Harley sidecars.

Yes they are now out gone. L&W Body in PA. Merle Wolfe was the proprietor. R.I.P.  He was supposed to have re-produced early metal HD sidecars (pre-1968) and associated parts, and metal (pre-fiberglass) Servi-car body parts. My understanding was that his parts were almost indistinguishable from OEM, so he and his product had a very good reputation in the antique Harley community. 1989 must have been the year he produced the sidecar, not to be confused with an H-D 1989 sidecar, which would have been the round fiberglass tub.

Thank you for the information panhead_kicker.