Skip to content

USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

Please to create posts and topics.

Kansas/Missouri Hacks!

What do you say we get together for a weekend ride? Any suggestions
for the KC area?

How about a Cassoday, KS Breakfast Sunday in May?
What about a cruise to Weston, MO?
I heard about a nice bike roadhouse/restaurant in north Lawrence off US24
Maybe coffee in Westport?
Ice cream or pie anywhere!

I want to see and be seen with a few Sidecars!

Jim Doyle

I have only been a Missouri Hack for a year now. I am in Peculiar, Mo...that would make me a Peculiar Hack driver wouldn't it?? It fits me.
A day trip somewhere around the area would suit me..when the snows are over.

I've recently moved to Pittsburg Kansas.....so that makes 3 of us within at least meeting distance. There is a poker run out of Frontenac Ks. on April 5th that benefits the Skills USA team from H-D U.....I'd love to not to be the only tub pilot.

My goodness,

It took a year for someone to respond to that post. Guess I better make sure the R90 will start!

.....like needing to use a laxative.....better late than never....

I'm in Kansas just a little north of Mound City on 7 Highway. Just let me know when and where and I'll be there.

Shameless plug
St Joseph, MO Local bike Show April 19 and possible Destination. They will have a sidecar class and for $10 you get free food and beverage.I'd like nothing better than to see a bunch of sidecars!!!

http://forr.net/Events/Events_PDF_2008/L%206%20Bike%20Show%20April%2008.pdf

A sidecar class? Really, who is giving it? What time?

I think this could be a nice event to attend as a group and a great ride north. I'd say how about a group meet maybe at the waffle house at I-70 and highway 73 near Bonner Springs for breakfast (or something similar) and a ride north using State route 45 along the river through Weston.

A sidecar class means they will only judge sidecars against one another and a trophy or two given for the best. Often they just don't know where to put sidecars in the mix of bikes. Who knows, you could take home a trophy for best sidecar rig there.

Oh that kind of class...

Trophy? Maybe for rat bike 🙂

Still all in all it doesn't sound bad. Let me know if others are interested, where to meet and what time.

Originally written by Joyce on 3/22/2008 6:58 AM

Shameless plug
St Joseph, MO Local bike Show April 19 and possible Destination. They will have a sidecar class and for $10 you get free food and beverage.I'd like nothing better than to see a bunch of sidecars!!!

Bike Show today was a ton of fun! First Place Sidecar was USCA Member Frank Roos from Shawnee KS and Second Place was won by USCA Member Norman Johnson. After a cool 46 degree start the sun came out and it was beautiful. Oh and I finally got to meet Jon and wife from this list and he got his sidecar ride and even a little seat time in the parking lot. Another convert????