Skip to content

USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

Please to create posts and topics.

Just introducing myself

Just finished registering so I'm here to share, question, or meeting new people.

In the past my sidecar rig was a 1973 Moto Guzzi Eldorado with a Watsonian Monza sidecar.

Drove/rode many miles with the wife, both of us enjoyed the memories made over the years.

I found that with the sidecar i was very popular at rallies because I was usually asked to follow someone the the grocery store because I had the space in the sidecar. I have my Bucket list complete for visiting grocery stores, I'm sure I'm not alone in that respect.

I currently am without a sidecar but the Guzzi that I'm riding now is a Convert (automatic transmission) 

Below are the bikes I've owned over the years and a picture of my current ride. 

So hello to everyone.

GUZZIRIDER

CENTRAL CONNECTICUT

1972 Eldorado new to me so "0" miles so far
1972 AMBASSADOR 169000 MILES
1978 G5 170000 MILES
1973 V7 SPORT 25000 MILES
1973 ELDORADO 300000+ MILES
1980 CX100 50 MILES
1976 CONVERT-62000 MILES AND BUILDING
1976 HONDA CB400F 27 MILES AND BUILDING SOLD

MGNOC # 2723

Uploaded files:
  • You need to login to have access to uploads.
Thane Lewis has reacted to this post.
Thane Lewis

Hi Thomas

Welcome aboard from Georgia. always nice to see a new face join the group. 

USCA # 8913

Hi T

Welcome from Ohio

Dave

That sure is a nice looking Guzzi.   Welcome from the Catskill Mts. 

Quite an impressive accumulation of miles!

Welcome from Southeastern Indiana. 

Belinda 

Thomas Bailey has reacted to this post.
Thomas Bailey
Belinda Schraeder EA, USCA Treasurer

My wife's first sidecar bike is and has been now for over 30 years a Moto Guzzi Eldorado police bike. Currently undergoing a frame up restoration by one of our local Guzzi Guru's.  Should be done in the next several weeks at which time we will be mounting one  of our extra narrow Tomahawk SE sidecars that we developed for the Chinese market where sidecar bikes have to come in at under 175cm total width. Never owned a Convert, had a G-5 for a while and my now retired GM ran a Convert and last I heard had ridden the same bike for over 20 years. I rode his a few times. First time I rode my G5 my first thought was that it needed to have an automatic transmission. We also have a very active Moto Guzzi club here in Washington state so while I now ride a BMW R1250GSA with our Expedition sidecar I am around Guzzi's about once a month for breakfast.

BTW, we have mounts and sidecars for all of your listed bikes except the Honda.

Jay G
DMC sidecars

http://www.dmcsidecars.com

Jay G DMC sidecars www.dmcsidecars.com 15616 Carbonado South Prairie RD Buckley WA 98321 866-638-1793 Hours Monday - Thursday 6-4:30