Skip to content

USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

Please to create posts and topics.

Joyce Canfield's Sidecars in the Flint hills - August 25 - 28, 2016

Joyce Canfield’s Sidecars in the Flint Hills Rally will be held Thursday, August 25, thru Sunday, August 28, 2015. The rally will be held at Council Grove Lake, Canning Creek Cove Group Camping Area S-2, Council Grove, Kansas. This is the same location that the rally has been held in past years. Door prizes, guided and self guided tours, rally meals with camping included in the registration fee. Pre-registration before August 15. Rally cost is: Pre-Registration - USCA members $30.00, non members $35.00, at the gate $5.00 more. Children up to age 15 are free.

For questions and information on the rally contact Jim DeJarnatt by phone at (816) 309-3395, or via email at jim7d777@gmail.com

A flier for the rally is attached. Directions and a map to the rally site can be found at: sites.google.com/site/sidecarsfh/

We hope to see you there.

Attached files

2016 Flint Hills Flyer.pdf (147 KB) 

This reminded me of our Sidecar Games during the Flint Hills Rally every year....;)
Looking forward to seeing all of you again this year!

Attached files

'Tried playing "sidecar broom ball" at the first Ural Rally in Cloquet, Wi... not the best idea.

Hey Al,
I remember several things going on at the early Ural rally's that didn't turn out to be such good ideas....the water balloon jousting being one of them!

As the date for the rally draws closer I’ll share a few of the plans for the weekend. On Friday there will be a guided ride to the Dwight D. Eisenhower Presidential Library and Museum at Abilene, KS. Cost for admission to the museum is $12.00 for adults and $9.00 for seniors 62+. Lunch will be at Abilene. Friday evening will be the traditional Hot Dog Roast at the campsite for supper. Saturday morning is free to explore on your own or just kick tires. Saturday afternoon will be bike games and a show & shine bike show. Both events will be held at a park in the town of Council Grove with the public invited. Following awards, a catered supper will be served at the campsite. Both Friday and Saturday evenings there will be a movie with popcorn at the campsite and a campfire for those who would rather tell tall tales. We hope to see you there.

Can't think of anywhere we'd rather be!
See you all there.

Attached files

Less than a week away - so who else will be there?

Sadly, we can't make it this year. I'll be headed east to pick up a sidecar that weekend. Have fun and stay sfae!

if pre-registration is any indicator it should be a good rally.

Well Al that's a pretty darn good excuse!
Best to Maryann - see you guys on down the trail....or next time you come through KC.

Between a good pre-registration and the usual number who show up anyway it does sounds like it's going to be a good one.
Talked with Frank 'the Traitor' last night and he's showing up on the Wing rig so all of you in the metric gang will be well represented.....;)
Looking forward to it as always.

When I first posted this photo little did I know how prophetic - and close to home - it would be for this years 'roadkill' competition!!!!
What a great time, good weather and fun overall event this was....again.
Lots of old friends who now make this regular 'reunion' and quite a few new faces who are now part of it all.
An especially big THANKS to Jim & Peggy and Bud & Ginger...it's allot of hard work to make this all come together and it IS appreciated!

Attached files

A few photos from the rally can be seen at this album... http://sidecar.com/mbbs22/photos/photo-thumbnails.asp?albumid=612