Skip to content

USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

Please to create posts and topics.

Jailbreak in the Clouds 2012

Jena & I were fortunate to continue our tradition of attending the Jailbreak in the Clouds rally on September 21-23 hosted by the Chain Gang group of enthusiasts of the BMW F/G650 singles at the Queen Wilhelmina State Park near Mena, Arkansas. The weather was good and Jena mostly enjoyed her first camping experience. Here are some pics from the journey:

The famous Boggy Creek Monster in Fouke, AR:

A clever roadside tractor near Center Point, AR:

Jena on the bridge over Two Mile Creek on Polk County Road 37 near Hatfield, AR:

Sunset on Friday after setting up camp -- fellow sidecarist Carney's rig can be seen:

We watched 4 deer as we took Corkie for a walk early Saturday morning:

We stopped at the Kiamichi Valley overlook after spotting a black bear -- likely one of Tommy's rescue/rehab'd bears from the local Arkansas Native Plant & Wildlife Center ( http://www.tommyyoungwildliferehabcenter.com/ - which we visited Saturday afternoon):

We took a break for refreshments at the Hateful Hussy Diner in downtown Talihina, OK:

I'm wondering just how Carney explained to his wife that he'd eaten lunch with a Hateful Hussy Surprised:

I suspect Jena may one of the few lady sidecarists that has driven her rig on the Indian Highway to Hanobia, OK, after which we looped around the the Three Sticks Monument (representing Land, Timber & Water):

Rallymaster Steve surprised my long time friend and former F650 rider Beau with a birthday cake:

A cold front was passing thru the area on Sunday morning with a wind chill in the 40's as we were breaking camp.  Here's Corkie hunkered down in his sidecar wearing his cold weather gear Laughing:

On the return home we stopped for a break at the park on the east end of Caddo Lake near Oil City, LA:

And spotted this classic abandoned gas station in Mooringsport, LA:

The Jailbreak is a very nice small rally at a wonderful location.  This one was among the best due to meals at the campground due to the Lodge being closed for remodeling.  The same pattern is planned for next year.  I encourage all of us in the area to consider attending next year -- about the 3rd weekend in September 2013.

Lee / Summer Grove, Louisiana: Ural cT, CJ750, Burgman/Texas Ranger, Zuma 50F, MB5, TW200, CRF250L, GTV300

After showing our friend Perry the photo of Jena crossing the bridge over Two Mile Creek, he painted the scene in oil on canvas and presented it for her birthday -- we framed it this weekend:

Lee / Summer Grove, Louisiana: Ural cT, CJ750, Burgman/Texas Ranger, Zuma 50F, MB5, TW200, CRF250L, GTV300