Skip to content

USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

Please to create posts and topics.

Introducing a newbie to sidecarring

I am a hack rider from New Zealand. It is my intention to travel to USA this (northern) summer, purchase a rig from.the for sales in this forum and travel Route 66.

I have a lady friend in San Francisco who thinks she might like to come with me but she has never ridden in a sidecar.

Is there anyone in the San Francisco area who might be prepared to take my friend for a short ride in your sidecar without frightening the life out of her?

If you are prepared to help, please email me at monopedexpress@gmail.com

Cheers Malcolm Graham

1bmwmc has reacted to this post.
1bmwmc

Welcome   You just have to be careful and make sure you drive on the proper side of the road. I heard to many people made that mistake.      

1bmwmc

Malcolm, sounds like a great trip you are planning. Route 66 will take you near where the national sidecar rally will be held in Hotchkiss, Colorado on July 7 - 10th. You are very welcome to join in, meet hundreds of US sidecarists, see all types and brands of rigs, taste great food, hear talented local musicians, even explore some of the roads of Colorado. 

We have a network of members across the US that can help you with local information, mechanical assistance or just meet over coffee, or something colder.

Jan "CCjon" Daub

USCA President

1bmwmc

Thanks Jan

We have a similar network of members of the NZ Sidecar Owners Register.

It would be great to attend your July event if we can swing it - and Covid permitting of course.

My first priority is to ensure that my travelling companion has her first ride in a sidecar before setting out from Chicago on Route 66.

Is anyone in the San Francisco Bay area prepared to take her for a short ride sometime soon?

monopedexpress@gmail.com

1bmwmc
Quote from 2FLTC on March 16, 2022, 7:46 am

Welcome   You just have to be careful and make sure you drive on the proper side of the road. I heard to many people made that mistake.      

It's a perennial problem we have with foreign tourists too. I've visited over 40 of the lower 48 states, toured in China on motorcycles (including a little way on an army rig - none of the controls seemed to be connected to anything and stopping was achieved by running out of fuel) and l've been everywhere in Europe from Gibraltar to Moscow. I'm well used to driving keeping right but l thank you for your concern.

Cheers Malcolm Ride safe.

Thane Lewis has reacted to this post.
Thane Lewis

Malcolm:  Another place you might ask for someone to give your companion a ride is https://www.advrider.com/f/forums/hacks.56/

They also have two threads that deal with sidecar sales - one for members selling a rig, another for sales garnered off the internet.

ADV/Hacks has a much larger and more active user base than we do so you may be more likely to get a ride response.

Hope you can make it to the Rally in Hotchkiss

Duncan

1bmwmc and DRONE have reacted to this post.
1bmwmcDRONE
2011 R1200GS + EML CT2001