Skip to content

USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

Please to create posts and topics.

Introduce Yourself!

Page 1 of 4Next

If you are new to the USCA and our forums, please take a minute and let us know. Just a short 'who are you' and 'where are you from' and 'what do you ride?' kinds of things. A photo of your rig would be great as well. The more you personalize the more people may want to engage with you. They may have similar motorcycles or sidecars or live near you. Just no email addresses or phone numbers here. Google and all the search engines scan all these posts and the bad bots look for those kinds of personal details. That's where spammy emails and phone calls come from...

This is the place to make your first post! We're glad your here!

DRONE, CCjon and 3 other users have reacted to this post.
DRONECCjonReardan TomFlyinMonkeysJohn Bacon
"I ride because it frees my mind from the tyranny of petty things."

Hello Forum!

Dane Wentworth here.  Old guy, new to sidecars.  

I like off-roading in AZ, and think a sidecar is a great way to keep an Africa Twin from falling over in the sand!  Have been riding with a sidecar for about two weeks now, and think it is a blast.

Cheers,

Dane

Uploaded files:
  • You need to login to have access to uploads.
hdgypsyman, DRONE and 8 other users have reacted to this post.
hdgypsymanDRONECCjonAceinSavThane LewisDavid & ChristyJoe NorrisFlyinMonkeysFlyingMonkeysAmigo
Cheers, Dane AKA "Ben Franklin" on Adventure Riders Forums Why not?

Welcome, Dane from someone who often gets called Dane, but whose name is Thane!

Thank you for joining out small circle of three-wheel enthusiasts and if you haven’t already done so, please consider going to the next level and joining the USCA as a full member.  You will receive the Sidecarist magazine bi monthly and other benefits plus help further spread the word about our unique passion.

Join the USCA

Keep the photos coming!

Thane Lewis, USCA Board Secretary 

Broken Bow, Nebraska 

CCjon, David & Christy and FlyinMonkeys have reacted to this post.
CCjonDavid & ChristyFlyinMonkeys

Welcome !

CCjon and FlyinMonkeys have reacted to this post.
CCjonFlyinMonkeys

Welcome aboard Dane, glad to have you join us. nice looking set up you have there, looks like it would be a blast and that is my kind of fun, hitting the trails 

CCjonFlyinMonkeys
USCA # 8913

Welcome.

CCjonFlyinMonkeys

Welcome, love your photos, please post more.

Most folks don't realize how much fun sidecars are until they try it. Without the fear of falling, one can really enjoy the wind-in-your-face riding experience.

Jan

Thane Lewis and FlyinMonkeys have reacted to this post.
Thane LewisFlyinMonkeys

Hey Folks,

I'm John Bacon, and I live on a bridged island off the coast of Maine. I've been motorsicklin' since 1966. I'm now ready for another type of ridin' adventure!

I've got one friend with an Ural mounted sidecar who kinda encouraged me to come around to the *otherside*..

I'm looking forward to it so wifey can once again share the wind. I need a sidecar to mount, with a door/gate so she can get in and out with her back problems!

If this is not the right spot for this paragraph, please move.. "So, I've got a 2004 FLHTC Electra Glide Classic w/gear driven reverse that I'm intending to add a sidecar to. If I use a budget of 5k[ish] do you think I may find something with a door/gate so wife can get in and out? Brakes would be nice also.."

SeeYaLaterBye

Uploaded files:
CCjon, Thane Lewis and FlyinMonkeys have reacted to this post.
CCjonThane LewisFlyinMonkeys

Sir John Bacon, great-great grandson of Sir Francis Bacon, there are a couple sidecars out there currently that have a door on the side, to make entry into the sidecar easier. The one I recently had made for me, from Hannigan Sidecars in Kentucky, has a door, but this sidecar is designed specifically for the newest model of Honda Goldwing.

However, they also make the same sidecar, with a side door, that will fit the design of your H-D Electra Glide...just has a different rear section/trunk on the sidecar.

Look up Hannigan sidecars, and peruse their website.

A couple other companies make sidecars with doors....Champion Sidecars in Los Angeles, as their Avenger sidecar, and Texas Sidecar Company recently acquired all the molds of the previous DMC sidecars, and their Tomahawk sidecar has a door.

Uploaded files:
CCjon, Thane Lewis and John Bacon have reacted to this post.
CCjonThane LewisJohn Bacon
Two Million Miles, and All 7 Continents

Sir John Bacon, here are a couple links for you to view. Champion Sidecars, and their Avenger sidecar with a door.....and Hannigan Sidecars, with their Heritage sidecar with a door. They also make the Elite Arrow sidecar that also has a door.

https://championsidecars.com/product/champion-avenger-sidecar/

Heritage Sidecar

Uploaded files:
CCjon and John Bacon have reacted to this post.
CCjonJohn Bacon
Two Million Miles, and All 7 Continents

Hello everyone,

My name is Mick, I'm an old git originally from Sussex England but now live in Saskatchewan Canada.    I had my first combination when I was 16, it was a 650cc Ariel Huntsmaster. I bought it because I could legally drive it without having past my test, and could just about afford it.   I'm now 67 (I can hardly believe it ) and have two combinations, a CJ 750 sidevalve, and a Harley Sportster with a Bingham sidecar.  I am working on my third combo, I have a 1956 BSA Golden flash, and am restoring a period Watsonian Monza Super Sport sidecar this winter, which I will attach to the bike in the spring.

I have lived in Saskatchewan for 19 years, and I have never seen a sidecar combination here that was not mine.    

Uploaded files:
SwampFox, CCjon and 4 other users have reacted to this post.
SwampFoxCCjonsmitty901FlyinMonkeysJohn BaconFlyingMonkeys

Welcome safe bet around here we like sidecars.

CCjon, FlyinMonkeys and Mick Boon have reacted to this post.
CCjonFlyinMonkeysMick Boon

My name is David and I live just outside of Clark Missouri, which is about 30 miles north of Columbia Missouri. I have been riding motorcycles since 1986. My first bike was a 1957 Panhead. A lot of years and motorcycles later, I have just had a Hannigan Heritage Sidecar installed on my 2019 Roadglide Special.  This is my first experience with a rig and I’m looking forward to starting a new chapter in my life. I hope to get to know y’all and look forward to meeting y’all. Here are some pictures of my rig. 

Uploaded files:
hdgypsyman, CCjon and 5 other users have reacted to this post.
hdgypsymanCCjonAceinSavsmitty901Thane LewisBen FranklinFlyingMonkeys

@david-bundy, Sweet looking rig!

Welcome to the sport!

CCjon, FlyingMonkeys and David Bundy have reacted to this post.
CCjonFlyingMonkeysDavid Bundy
Cheers, Dane AKA "Ben Franklin" on Adventure Riders Forums Why not?
Quote from David Bundy on April 10, 2023, 9:23 pm

My name is David ... just had a Hannigan Heritage Sidecar installed on my 2019 Roadglide.... first experience with a rig....

Let us know if we can help.  Looking forward to pics from the road.

CCjon, FlyingMonkeys and David Bundy have reacted to this post.
CCjonFlyingMonkeysDavid Bundy
Lee / Summer Grove, Louisiana: Ural cT, CJ750, Burgman/Texas Ranger, Zuma 50F, MB5, TW200, CRF250L, GTV300
Quote from David Bundy on April 10, 2023, 9:23 pm

My name is David and I live just outside of Clark Missouri, which is about 30 miles north of Columbia Missouri. I have been riding motorcycles since 1986. My first bike was a 1957 Panhead. A lot of years and motorcycles later, I have just had a Hannigan Heritage Sidecar installed on my 2019 Roadglide Special.  This is my first experience with a rig and I’m looking forward to starting a new chapter in my life. I hope to get to know y’all and look forward to meeting y’all. Here are some pictures of my rig. 

Outstanding Welcome.

Post a bit about your wide front tire setup

CCjon and FlyingMonkeys have reacted to this post.
CCjonFlyingMonkeys

Welcome aboard David, very nice looking rig you have there. 

CCjon and FlyingMonkeys have reacted to this post.
CCjonFlyingMonkeys
USCA # 8913

I totaled out a 2014 Ultraglide in June of 2019. After the insurance and I finally settled, I picked up the 2019 Roadglide. I had seen a few Fat Tire bikes around and to be honest I thought they looked pretty tuff. I bought the install from Bad Dad parts and put it on in March of 2020. I had no idea how much better the ride would be. Having thew front and back tire the same width really increased performance in the twisty's... and it looked pretty tuff. So it was a good investment all the way around. It's not a huge factor now that she's married to a sidecar, but Ruth Ann at Hannigan Motorsports thought it gave a smoother ride than a stock tire.

Uploaded files:
smitty901 and FlyingMonkeys have reacted to this post.
smitty901FlyingMonkeys
Quote from David Bundy on April 12, 2023, 1:27 am

I totaled out a 2014 Ultraglide in June of 2019. After the insurance and I finally settled, I picked up the 2019 Roadglide. I had seen a few Fat Tire bikes around and to be honest I thought they looked pretty tuff. I bought the install from Bad Dad parts and put it on in March of 2020. I had no idea how much better the ride would be. Having thew front and back tire the same width really increased performance in the twisty's... and it looked pretty tuff. So it was a good investment all the way around. It's not a huge factor now that she's married to a sidecar, but Ruth Ann at Hannigan Motorsports thought it gave a smoother ride than a stock tire.

With those parts did it rake front tree and if so how much. Also did it use tube extensions extension or longer tubs.

It is something I have considered. Front tier wear has not been a real issue. I run a car tire on the rear of my 2020 Road Glide limited same as I did on the 2017 RGU.  Works well.

Last year again at Shark week aka the Road Glide gathering ours was the only sidecar Rig Mostly likely will be the only one in Williamsburg VA this year for Shark Week.

FlyingMonkeys and David Bundy have reacted to this post.
FlyingMonkeysDavid Bundy

The only modification was the lower shocks. They are machined out to accept the wide tire. I didn't feel the need to rake it out until I put the sidecar on it. I went with the Hannigan Steer Lite Triple Tree. I'm usually pretty luck to get 15,000 miles on my rear tire. (Don't know what to expect with the sidecar.) I almost always get 30,000 miles on my front. 

FlyingMonkeys has reacted to this post.
FlyingMonkeys
Page 1 of 4Next