Skip to content

USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

Please to create posts and topics.

insurance and sidecars

One of the things i learned about insurance and sidecars was that insurance companies consider sidecars accessories . When i insured the 1988 harley the sale person told me that you have to add up the value of your accessories then add that much accessory insurance.He also told me sidecars are an accessory. I figured $5000 to find another sidecar so i added that much to my policy .It was worth the extra money because as many of you know i was hit last fall .they paid me $3000 damage to the bike and $5000 for my sidecar . On my 1993 i have $7000 accessory insurance . i figure a used sidecar and mounts ,plus paint . so check your insurance because you dont want to get hit and you get $500 from your insurance company because you thats all the accessory insurance you have .

I got my insurance through AARP using Foremost. Was able to get full replacement value to the amount I chose. Hope I never need it, but you never know.

I only have what insurance the law requires. I do not know about other states but here in Georgia I have seen old bikes 06 which to me is not old totaled do to a dented fender. They are so quick here in GA to totally them and being I do all my own work as well as have many extra parts to save the money and get just what the law requires.