Skip to content

USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

Please to create posts and topics.

INDIAN - Don’ buy if you expect a Positive Customer Interface

Game is on!

Today sopke with a Steven in the pool of customer service people. i know it was a pool for you could hear the other people in the background. Serious issue and cant get to Mr Wine?!

Short story is, if you have not seen it on previous posts:
Failure of a known problem left me stranded in the middle of knowwhere. Indian refuses to take any responsibility!
Kinda akin to Ford on the Pinto gas tank many years ago, or the Takata Air Bags, or so many greedy corporate
entities that wait for the consumer to sue. OK. Paperwork is coming. How dare Polaris Indian not do what is right.
I may not have an in house legal departmant; but do have a great attorney. So you arrogant “Indians”. Put on your boxing gloves and lets step into the ring!

One more thing this BILLION dollar company is trying to lay the blane off onto HANNIGAN.
HANNIGAN has the honor to step up and fix the issues they are respnsible for.

Shoulda bought the BMW!!!

Huh, that was fast!

Had a very good and possitive conversation with an excutive officer at Polaris/Indain.
Nothing is settled as yet; but it is a positive step to talk about it. They are lending a sympathetic ear to the
failure and the ancillary issues.

Khjphoto - 7/19/2018 4:37 PM Huh, that was fast! Had a very good and possitive conversation with an excutive officer at Polaris/Indain. Nothing is settled as yet; but it is a positive step to talk about it. They are lending a sympathetic ear to the failure and the ancillary issues.

Yes, but I think the only reason they are responding to you is because you are making a case of this and threatening to sue. This does not shine a good light on Polaris and as far as I am concerned I will not buy an Indian from them which I was contemplating on doing after selling my wing. I think I will keep my wing. To bad , the Indian is a good looking bike.

I did read through all of your other posts on this matter and was wondering how this would turn out. No Indians for me !

I own an Indian. They have been nothing but fantastic with customer service. I have heard of individual dealers being butt heads, but this is just like anything, there are bad apples in every barrel.

I'm glad it sounds like you've found the right person. As an officer of IMRG, I wouldn't be part of this if I thought the company treated people that. If you still have problems, let me know. I'll do what I can although I'm not part of the company.

Thanks for your post.

I have established a positive and professional response from POLARIS/INDIAN.

The initial contact through customer service was not going well; the gentelman wanted to lay the reponsibliity off onto HANNIGAN. It was not a HANNIGAN issue it was indeed an INDIAN issue.

All is now resolved and I too hope to find many years of trouble free riding.

After the initial angst, very pleased with how INDIAN stood up!

It might be nice to modify the name of this post...? Anyhow, glad to hear they are stepping up. I've had them step up and cover under warranty, things I don't think they should have. Hopefully this was a miscommunication, personally I am quite pleased with their warranty response. Like I said, it has a lot to do with the dealer, your dealer probably said something to taint their view even if it was inadvertent.

Jeff_Online - 7/25/2018 5:12 PM

It might be nice to modify the name of this post...? Anyhow, glad to hear they are stepping up. I've had them step up and cover under warranty, things I don't think they should have. Hopefully this was a miscommunication, personally I am quite pleased with their warranty response. Like I said, it has a lot to do with the dealer, your dealer probably said something to taint their view even if it was inadvertent.

I would modify the name of the post, but can’t.

Anyway it was indeed the first response of “customer Service” that escalated this. After speaking with the excutive offices the problem was taken care of. It was not a dealer.

Odd, they've always been really good to me. Anyhow, glad it's being taken care of, and you're happy. Sad that it took that much headache to get to this point, but I guess everyone has a bad day. Personally, I could not be in customer service. I would be nice to guys like you, but tell all the idiots who want crap for free where to stick it. 😉