Notifications
Clear all

I'm back.....

5 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@reardan-tom)
Topic starter

Well, after a bit of an absence, I'm back. And I'm back down to one rig as well. The FLH/Liberty still sits in my garage. I haven't ridden much the last few years. Partly due to covid shutting things down and partly due to health issues catching up with me. And the weather this spring has had some influence as well. But I have had the bike on the road a couple times after doing the springtime inspection and adding the necessary air to the tires. Rode in for the UMCI breakfast meeting last Saturday. It felt good. Until afternoon when the toll it took began to be felt. Oh well, that's to be expected I guess. One thing I will say, my camping days are over. Day rides only from now on.  'nuff said.... See ya on the road!

Posted : July 4, 2022 12:26 pm
(@peter-pan)

Tom, keep up and don't become itchy... The exercise and fresh air are good for you. Myself I had several month of break too. last week to go for the technical revision made me soar...=  Time to ride more again, not to quit.

Scars are normal for those who do. Don't collect dust.

Best wishes from the long lasting rains down here in Costa Rica.

Sven

Posted : July 8, 2022 7:20 am
(@ned)

Hey, Tom, I almost found myself in your neighborhood earlier this week and was gonna give you a call.  Ended up driving through Lewiston then to Othello on my way home from the Hotchkiss Rally so a little too far south.   But I do want to get out to Reardon and have you show me around.   Kirby is 14 now and still my navigator.  Is Petey still hanging around?

Have owned 5 rigs but Rig #2 is my current one!

Posted : July 21, 2022 7:52 am
(@reardan-tom)
Topic starter

Quote from DRONE on July 21, 2022, 12:52 pm

Hey, Tom, I almost found myself in your neighborhood earlier this week and was gonna give you a call.  Ended up driving through Lewiston then to Othello on my way home from the Hotchkiss Rally so a little too far south.   But I do want to get out to Reardon and have you show me around.   Kirby is 14 now and still my navigator.  Is Petey still hanging around?

Odd. The only way I could answer you Drone was to click quote. And the website isn't recognizing me as Reardan Tom any longer. I guess since I became a "deleted user" along with Dave S. But I don't recall who I am now. I knew the day would get here. lol... Anyhow, it would be darn good to visit with you. There isn't much to see in Reardan but we have some real neat places to ride. It would be fun! Yes, Petey is still my co-pilot. He was born sometime in 2010 but since he's a rescue that's as close as I can come. I got him as a 2 year old in 2012.  And I see I'm still Reardan Tom, just can't log on that way.

Posted : July 21, 2022 12:27 pm
(@ned)

Yeah, there is definitely some forum weirdness going on. You're not the only one with Profile issues.  When I send somebody a PM, it appears like it was sent by some other user.  But the USCA hired a new website admin guy at the Annual Meeting and I'm expecting things to improve as he wades in and starts fixing issues. 

Glad to hear Petey is still boss dog.

Have owned 5 rigs but Rig #2 is my current one!

Posted : July 21, 2022 4:27 pm