Skip to content

USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

Please to create posts and topics.

Identification help needed...

Greetings,
I have been unable to answer one too many times the question "What make is that" when folks are looking at my outfit. Therefore I am turning to the experts (that would be ya'll) to help identify my new sidecar.
I uploaded pictures in an album titled Hacksaw's Hack.
Thanks for your help,
Hacksaw

It looks to me like an older Motorvation Coupe Royale .

I agree with Hack'n. That's definitely a Coupe Royale, and it looks to be in great shape. But your signature would make me think it was on a Harley. 🙂 🙂 🙂

Originally written by SidecarMike on 7/15/2004 9:31 PM

I agree with Hack'n. That's definitely a Coupe Royale, and it looks to be in great shape. But your signature would make me think it was on a Harley. 🙂 🙂 🙂

Thank You for your help.
Now I can take my "Coupe Royale" to McDonald's and get a 'Royale' with cheese.... Pulp Fiction reference
I am not sure what about my signature gives that impression???????
The Italian statement that I use is translated as It's not NOISE It's MUSIC
Those familiar with the old Moto Guzzi story (legend?) will recognize it.
Thanks again for your help,
Hacksaw

I have a Harley riding buddy who says the same thing about his exhaust pipes. "It's not noise, it's music"

This is what I've always heard as the origin of this statement:
A Moto Guzzi engineer accompanied a new motorcycle to the US for its debut. When he started the bike and it began to sing that sweet mechanical opera only a Guzzi can produce, a doubtful reporter asked what that "noise" was. The astounded engineer blurted out in his wonderful accent, "Datsa notta noise, eetsa sound!" It has been changed or "corrected" as some tellers say to substitute Music for Sound. Either way I kinda like both the mechanical 'music' that my ol Goose makes as well as the story. Another saying we have in the Guzzi circles is "Moto Guzzi, The way the vee should be". That doesn't sit too well with some other V twin riders sometimes though.
Ride Safe,
Hacksaw

Hi Hacksaw, I checked out your Photo. It's always good to see another Guzzi whith a sidecar. Ride safe , Ron