Skip to content

USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

Please to create posts and topics.

Icons on each posting

Can you please post, or direct me to a legend for the icons to the left of various postings?

Hmm, Icons you say? Not sure what you are describing so could you explain a little more.

I'm referring to the tabbed page (E.G. just before the post date; also in the left margin the MB against a shield in the left margin; also the suitcase-looking thingie on the left of entries, etc. Mike

I can answer some of this, but it is from memory, so don't take it as gospel. I have been known to forget things.

The little tabbed paper, sometimes white and sometimes colored, is just a message indicator. The colored one means that it is new, the white means it has been read.

The MB means nothing. Well, it actually means "Message Board". When I set up the forum, each category, ( i.e. General, Technical, Riders wanted) had the little circle with MB in it. They had a limited number of icons that could replace it with. I tried to use things that applied to the category.

The Diskette means "This stuff is worth saving"

The guy talking meant "Tell your friends"

The Newspaper indicated "Want Ads"

The Roads you Got to Try got a palm tree because that day, my son told me the story of the genie being asked to either help understand women or build a bridge to Hawaii. He responded by asking if it would be two lanes or four.

Now that the forum has been upgraded since I gave up control, I have no idea how to get to the page that set it up. 🙂

Hope this answers your question.

Mike

Thanks, MIke. That explains some of it. 🙂 Mike