Skip to content

USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

Please to create posts and topics.

I need a Kansas City area Sidecarist!

I need to find a Kansas City area sidecar that is easy to get in and out. A lady in the KC area has contacted me with a request. I'm going to let you all read her request directly. I really want to find one of our USCA friends that would be willing and able to help Sherri and Scott.

"My name is Sherri Cheatham. I am hoping to get a contact or information on a special person who would be willing to help me out with making my brothers wish a reality. Scott is 37 and was in a motorcycle accident when he was 19. He is a paraplegic and a double amputee due to complications. We have reached the end of what can be done for him medically and are spending our time making him comfortable and happy. The only thing they could do at this point is a surgery to remove his pelvis. This surgery would cause him to be bed ridden for remainder of his life and he has opted not to have this procedure.

One of Scotts greatest desires is to be on a bike once again before he passes away. I am trying to locate someone with a sidecar who might be willing to take him for a ride. If you know of someone who would be willing to do this or any suggestions, I would really appreciate it."

Thank you all for your help!

Jim Doyle
contact me at 785-453-2320

Wow.

Not one person from KC area has read this? Anybody want to help the kids?

The lack of empathy among KC hackers may not be the problem of having no takers. With the brothers terrible physical condition there is a high probability of pelvic or other injury to him even placing him into a sidecar and during a ride.
The possible ensuing litigation could be a large factor in this case.

It would be a nice gesture but perhaps could be a Pricey one.

Lonnie

Oh heck I posted this on the wrong thread. I'm looking for folks to work with ride for kids in KC. Your comments are likely spot on though!

fyi. this last may or june, i had my sidecar at a bike show and sherri came up to me and asked me for a ride for her brother. my heart went out to them and i agreed, gave her my phone number. she never did call me for a ride for her brother.
joe in drexel, mo