Skip to content

USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

Please to create posts and topics.

I Love Autumn

I had to take a short trip early on monday morning i went on the ural, only about 15mls down country lanes to help a mate fit his winter hack together, we had had a storm the night before high winds & rain + the farmers had been working in the fields the day before, so i came around the first bend & WOW the whole road is a golden ribbon wet dead leaves on a carpet of mud it was like driving on snow without the cold i enjoyed it so much i went back & did some of it again it was worth getting up early for. i had a ball so i thought i would share it with you.
Hank. PS anyone know whats become of wes i miss his thread, i suppose he's having to much fun riding to bother with computors.

The old Parrot would say:
"There is no doubt about it!"

Our dogs and I do enjoy the third wheel since yesterday again, after 10 month on 2 wheels.
And with the worst time of the rainy season coming there will be a lot of mud too.
Juhoo, here we are coming.

Ah (Hank) Robert, my friend, or perhaps better said, God father Henry from Catterick camp is waiting for a hip operation, so I promised my daughter if she makes well the a-level to go up with her to Yorkshire to visit him in spring.
Sven

I too love autumn. Besides the fact that my birthday is in Oct, I can wear all my protective gear without being too hot. You get to see the serious riders this time of year. Only the real riders are out when the thermometer hovers around freezing! Had the kids in the tub the other day, took a curve, and the colour of the maple trees blew me away. Flaming orange in the late afternoon sun. I stopped and made certain my kids saw and appreciated the sight. The leaves have mostly fallen now and we have had our first snow. I love fall!

Denis

Absolutely! The very best and most beautiful time of the year! Riding is never more fun than in the fall! Hoping for a ride in the Blue Ridge Mountains this weekend!

Dennis,
you push tears into my eyes. Haven't seen autumn leaves since 2005.
All year round green or dry brown is not with what I grew up.
Sven

We got our first snow of the season yesterday morning. It's back up to 40 this morning and the snow is gone.

It is a beautiful time of year here in Maine. I took a 100 mile journey to deliver prints yesterday to Bath and it was fantastic. Stopped in Wiscasset to photograph on the way home. "Work" never gets any better than that and I get a mileage deduction to boot. YEEEEEHA !