Skip to content

USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

Please to create posts and topics.

I did it!

I ordered a DMC Classic Sidecar and arranged to have my ST1100 shipped for the custom installation and leading link front end. The rig should be ready for delivery the by the start of the 2020 riding season.

I have missed riding a sidecar.

Jim

RoanokeRider and Big Tom have reacted to this post.
RoanokeRiderBig Tom
2014 CB1100 Std, 2000 ST1100 with DMC Classic, 1981 CB650C

We have missed You Jim.

Time to get you up and riding again...

Now how to pass over the long winter will be difficult with itching fingers.

Welcome back in the club of virus infested rig pushers.

Sven

tinboatcapt has reacted to this post.
tinboatcapt

Yes. It will be a long Cold Winter. However, with a ray of sunshine for the spring.

Jim

MORE details please...

Jim, what year is the ST?  Miles?

Will tub be painted to match the bike?

Will run a stock front tire or going with an auto tire?

Don't leave us hanging....

oh, by the way, WELCOME back to the real world of motorcycling, where riders work for their curves.

Deleted user has reacted to this post.
Deleted user

Quote: "oh, by the way, WELCOME back to the real world of motorcycling, where riders work for their curves."

Jan, you say exactly in other words, what my son came up with when he first rode his solo Royal Enfield. (He had made his license on the Ural and completed over 8. or 10.000km in twisty Costa Rica before he got that RE in Germany.

"This is strange. With the Ural I have to think and work how I get through a bend. With the RE i only have to think and the bike goes alone  through the bend."

Jim, don't get cabin fever. Soon there will be free exercise available to you again.

Best regards to all.

Sven

PS: (I need my cylinders from Florida to get the Ural back on the road.)

Quote from CCjon on October 6, 2019, 9:34 am

MORE details please...

Jim, what year is the ST?  Miles?

Will tub be painted to match the bike?

Will run a stock front tire or going with an auto tire?

Don't leave us hanging....

oh, by the way, WELCOME back to the real world of motorcycling, where riders work for their curves.

More details? OK. It is my 2000 ST1100 I have had since '06 when I bought it with about 20K on the odometer. It now sports about 108K. I have enjoyed the sport part of it while touring, having put substantial modifications into the suspension: Penske shock, Traxion Dynamics cartridges in the forks, and sprung for my weight and riding style. The tires are fairly new so I will just use those up first then start looking for a car tire for the rear and something for the 18" front. That size may be difficult to find a car tire that will work.

I am shipping the bike to DMC for installation of a leading link front end, and the DMC Classic sidecar. It will be a dedicated rig, never to be a "Bike" again.

The Classic sidecar is black gel coat, but as you ask, I may decide to have it paint matched to the bike. Vanity it is, yes it is. I haven't committed to the paint yet. I am still debating if I really need it to match the bike. I am sort of a function over form kind of a guy. The bike is being shipped to Washington State where over the winter Jay will build the sidecar, a custom mount, and mount the new front suspension. It will take a bit of time to build the sidecar so I have planned to take delivery in June.

Went for a short ride today. Perhaps the last two wheel ride I will take on it.

Jim