Skip to content

USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

Please to create posts and topics.

Honda Goldwing with Armec

Since seeing the recent discussions concerning Armecs and I thought I'd add in my recent project that I finished up in May. I mounted a Armec Tremola II onto a 2010 GL1800 and so far the results, to me anyway, have been very rewarding. I'm pretty much a novice to the sidecar world but since I retired I've formed somewhat of an addiction to the fun factor they provide. Overall I couldn't find much information on mounting an Armec specifically the amount of info available from knowledgeable folks on this site provided a lot of insight into getting this sidecar mounted and setup. Anyway, thought I'd put a couple of pics out there and thanks for all the tippers.

Attached files

Eagle, Thank you for sharing. Are you in FLA.? My Armec in Ohio, my friends in Minasnowda, another in New Jersey,Rhode Island. Looks like you have a fuel tank under the sidecar?

Dave, I'm in NW Florida Panhandle. Have to admit that sidecars are a true oddity in this area. Thanks for the info on other armecs around and I'm sure you have found yours as fun as I have this one. Yes, it does have an aux tank on it. Had to do a bit of a compromise on overall width due to the fill location and wanting to still make the right bag useful to the extent possible.

A very sporty looking rig!

What made you choose the Armec over a Hannigan GTL?

Based on your photos, it appears to be rigidly mounted.

Ken M

Ken,
I came across the Armec awhile back and snatched it up when I saw it. It wasn't really choosing one over the other and the GTL is a great sidecar. Actually it, the GTL, does have the one advantage of electric camber control which the Armec doesn't have, although I haven't found that to be any problem at this point. Yes, the sc itself is rigid mounted.