Skip to content

USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

Please to create posts and topics.

Hold on a Sec...wait...I think I might have to...URAL

well...I have posted this in other forums as well but you guys should have more insight and exprience with these machines...I may relocate to Upstate New York and I dont want to have to stop riding in the winter so I was thinking about buying a Ural Patrol...

It is a side car motercycle with 2 wheel drive...I have zero knowledge about these machines and I am looking for any insight that you may have...

I am not concerned with maint. but I dont want a piece crap that brakes down every other mile either...

I am going to ride this mainly on snowy roads...I am not looking for the most comfortable, highly advanced machine...

The main reason I am looking at these bike is brand new it costs about 10000.00 and the 2 wheel drive...

Please any advice would be most helpful...

Thanks
Buffo The Magnificent

I've heard the new(er) urlas are pretty good machines. I'm sure some owners will chime in here...
I'm not so convinced that 2 WD is necessary to have fun in the winter though. I've gone just about everywhere you can go on a sidecar with 1 WD and never got so stuck I couldn't get out myself.
Regds,
Jim

I think it likely depends on who sets it up. I would definitely get the 750 whether you get new or used. I had a 97 that had been upgraded to the 750 and had very few problems. Only reason I sold it was to raise the money for a Liberty for my Harley since I was riding the Ural way more than the Harley and wanted to get back to it and still be able to take Archie with me. The Ural was a very fun bike indeed! The new ones have some break in issues that you'd avoid with a good used one...

Ask the group at the Russian Iron site:

http://www.russianiron.com/

There are a number of members there who own Ural Patrols for back woods riding and they thrash them pretty hard.

Dave