Skip to content

USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

Please to create posts and topics.

Help with identification

Hi, I am writing from Great Britain, I have just bought sidecar shell with no chassis - just a body; despite some effort put into finding the maker of this piece of fiberglass, I still can't find the make, the name - I'd like to find out more about suspension, fittings - as I want to built it close to original, or, to avoid mistakes...

I write to you as I have no knowledge of any American sidecarists - if you cannot help, there's a chance, you know somebody who can?
Here we have three plain pictures. No any label inside or out to help identify the origin!
Thanks in advance for any help!
Regards, Adam, UK
Attached files

I remember that sidecar type in the mid 1970's. It was manufactured in or around the LA area and I've seen pictures of a few from back then. My Dad took pictures of one in the Oakland California in a used car lot around 1977 or 78. It was the same one that you have and it used a 12" trailer wheel and was mounted to some Japanese bike. If you need information on how to make a frame that would fit that body send me an email and I can help you out. If you or a friend can weld I can walk you through the steps; it's easier than you might think.
Johnny Sweet
jsweet450@yahoo.com

You have a Zephyr Sidecar. Here is a link to a web page about them and it shows the frame and a few mounts. http://floridasidecarproducts.com/vintage_sidecars

Sidehack05 1999 H-D FLHR with Champion Legend Sidecar

Thank You, I passed the link on to Adam. He really appreciated the information.