Skip to content

USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

Please to create posts and topics.

Help to identifying sidecar

I am going to go look at this sidecar later this week, haven't even started the restoration of the one I picked up a couple weeks ago and I'm looking forward to another project. Well anyways I was wondering if anyone can help me identify this one. The seller is not the orginal owner and does not know the make. What does it appear to be the make? Anyone?

Attached files

USCA Member AMA Member

Looks to be a Spirit of America Eagle . I think they are on the light weight side of the spectrum . What do you plan to mount it to?

Doug "Rain Man" Plotner 2nd Thief M/M chapter coordinator Eastern Panhandle WV USCA #8789 01 883C Sportster /Velorex combo 95 Ultra Classic Electra Glide /California Friendship combo Iron Butt Association member

Possibly be a Easyrider.
J.R.
USCA se.
Tex. rep.

Defiantly a Spirit of America Eagle. We can help with mounting hardware, you can still buy a windshield from http://www.bikescreen.com other wise there is nothing still out there for this sidecar.
Jay G
DMC sidecars
866-638-1793

Jay G DMC sidecars www.dmcsidecars.com 15616 Carbonado South Prairie RD Buckley WA 98321 866-638-1793 Hours Monday - Thursday 6-4:30

wvsporty - 2/12/2018 10:44 AM

Looks to be a Spirit of America Eagle . I think they are on the light weight side of the spectrum . What do you plan to mount it to?

I am looking at it tomorrow, I picked up 1971 Yamaha XS 650 yesterday to restore, possibly match it up with this sidecar. if it is in good enough shape to restore. It was previously on a 1975 Goldwing.

USCA Member AMA Member

jaydmc - 2/12/2018 1:14 PM

Defiantly a Spirit of America Eagle. We can help with mounting hardware, you can still buy a windshield from http://www.bikescreen.com other wise there is nothing still out there for this sidecar.
Jay G
DMC sidecars
866-638-1793

I haven't seen it in person yet, but it is pretty basic right? unless there is damage to the body, frame or missing the wheel assembly? it should be restore-able as in re-painting, reupholster, new tire and mounting hardware?
They are asking $550 for it, I hope to make a trade for it with something of equal value of asking price if it is usable.
Going to go look at it tomorrow.

It had been attached to a 1975 Goldwing.

I acquired a XS 650 Yamaha to restore, which I might try to match it up with.

USCA Member AMA Member

The XS650 would be a great match, weight wise, for this car. Look for damage to the fiberglass around the cockpit. I bought one for $500 3 years ago. It had damage behind the seat where the back of the seat hits the fiberglass. It was an easy fix.

I had many opportunities to sell it to Harley riders and steered them away. Mine had been on a Harley. Bad choice even with the large slab of steel that was bolted under the body. The mounting struts are still too weak.

They are a nice looking sidecar. Good luck!!

Well I couldn't get the guy to go for the trade, if anyone is interested in the car you can contact Charles at Richards Honda-Yamaha in Little Rock at 501 562-0910, he is the Service Manager. It is a private sell not offered from the dealership. He also has the 1975 Goldwing which it was once attached to.

USCA Member AMA Member