USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

WE ARE NOT ASKING FOR GIFT CARDS. IF YOU RECEIVE AN EMAIL TO THAT EFFECT, IT DID NOT COME FROM THE USCA. IT IS A PHISHING SCAM. DO NOT REPLY!

You need to log in to create posts and topics.

Help identifying articulating sidecar frame

Hi, I have recently acquired a sidecar frame (only) along with two Goldwings that I have since sold.  The frame is articulating, with the rear mount connected to the wheel via a tie rod.  There are adjustable stops for the articulation.  The rear of the tub sits on a leaf spring but the wheel is not sprung.  It once had a custom aircraft styled fuselage like a WWII bomber, which was very cool but is long gone, per the previous owner.

The frame is sturdy and professionally made. It doesn't appear to be a home-made but one never knows as there are some talented people out there.  

There are no names or numbers on the frame.  I don't have a tub for it.

I am probably going to sell it but have no idea of its value. My current two bikes, a '13 Multistrada and '82 Turbo Suzuki GS1100E would handle it fine but I think it belongs on a Goldwing as the mounts are already set for it.  I kept it because the Goldwing buyer had no interest.

I imagine this is much better than the non articulating type, Years back I owned a 1951 BMW R51/2 with a Dneper body that I bought in Greece, and it was a bit of a handful to ride, but fun.

Hoping the images are visible.  Thanks in advance for any info!

Uploaded files:
  • 20200603_124547-1.jpg
  • 20200604_100451-1.jpg
  1. looks like a Pop Dreyer sidecar.  made in Indiana.  can you post a picture of the rear mount?  

Dave USCA president

PS: I have one

Uploaded files:
  • Screenshot_20200628-093034_Chrome.jpg

Thanks Dave, appreciate it.  Trying again, I think photos too large and post deleted.

Uploaded files:
  • mount1.jpg
  • mount2.jpg