Skip to content

USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

Please to create posts and topics.

Help identifying a sidecar

Page 1 of 2Next

Anyone got a clue on this?

Pics arent working. Let me try another way.

sidecar3

sidecar1

sidecar2

Anybody? Are the pics working?

Pictures are working fine. Nice find there...looks like something I'd drag home!

How about a clear shot of the rear?
I can see a Triumph decal behind the cockpit perhaps the other numbers and letters will give a clue.

Don in Nipomo

Pics are working, but haven't got a clue as to make.

I think it's an International. Judging by the rib on the nose and the style of fender.

I'll get some better pics tomorrow out of the truck. It has been raining here all day, that why those were so crappy. it does have a couple triumph decals on it, but they appear to be non factory(crooked). I have looked it over and have found no numbers or signs of a vin plate what so ever. Thanks for the input and I will have better pics tomorrow nite.

I'm not saying it is but my California Companion has the same indentations in the front, might be a early one.

It is an international like Mike said. The Watsonian Flight sidecars were similar but the way I understand it had a fin on the rear deck.The attached picture below says 'flight' but it is an international sidecar.
Click here to see a Watsonian Flight with the fin. Very similar to the international sidecar :
http://www.geocities.com/cook_jerry/SIDECAR.html

Attached files

The Flights also had the lights molded in to the fender.

Originally written by SidecarMike on 1/19/2009 11:45 AM

Mike,
Were the flight fenders like the one in the link I posted? http://www.geocities.com/cook_jerry/SIDECAR.html

In other words the same as other Watsonians??

Reason I ask is that we did some work on and mounted a 1954 Watsonian Avon (see attached) and the fender on it was totally different.

Attached files

Originally written by claude #3563 on 1/19/2009 10:39 AM

Originally written by SidecarMike on 1/19/2009 11:45 AM

Mike,
Were the flight fenders like the one in the link I posted? http://www.geocities.com/cook_jerry/SIDECAR.html

In other words the same as other Watsonians??

Reason I ask is that we did some work on and mounted a 1954 Watsonian Avon (see attached) and the fender on it was totally different.

The only ones I've seen have been 60's and early 70's vintage, and they all had the lights molded in. Even then, I'm no authority on English sidecars. I really couldn't say about one that old. Maybe this would be a good question for Doug B.

OK. Here are some better ones....

sidecar4

sidecar5

sidecar6

sidecar7

Hope these pics will help. Any idea where I can see pics of one original? What about year model? maybe a rough idea of what its worth? I got this in a swap with a buddy, but he is also clueless about it(he thought it was a Triumph because of the decals). Thanks for all the input!!

Page 1 of 2Next