Skip to content

USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

Please to create posts and topics.

Help ID this Sidecar

I am helping a friend work on his sidecar but I can't find any info on it. He says it is a 1968 or 1969 united sidecar CO.

Let's hope I can upload a pic.

Attached files

From just a front view I can not say for sure. It could be a Swallow or there was a company selling a body similar to this called a "Universal" they only sold the bodies for the DYI type.
Jay G
DMC sidecars
http://www.dmcsidecars.com
866-638-1793

Jay G DMC sidecars www.dmcsidecars.com 15616 Carbonado South Prairie RD Buckley WA 98321 866-638-1793 Hours Monday - Thursday 6-4:30

I'm no expert but it looks like a Swallow from the front but that means it could also have been made by one of the companies that splashed the Swallow. That would include the International. The difference between the Swallow and the International was the fender. The International had a fender that was attached to the sidecar body. Some Internationals had a huge vertical fin on the back that was reminiscent of the Dreyer. Just based on the fender, I'd go with Swallow. BTW, I never heard of the United Sidecar Company, anybody else?

I've only seen one Swallow in person, but the one I saw didn't have those two "dimples" on top. Is this blue one modified that way, or was the one I saw modified?

I have seen them with no dimples, two dimples and three dimples.
Jay G
DMC sidecars

Jay G DMC sidecars www.dmcsidecars.com 15616 Carbonado South Prairie RD Buckley WA 98321 866-638-1793 Hours Monday - Thursday 6-4:30

I was wrong. He says it is a national sidecar.