USCA Sidecar Forum

WE CONTINUE TO BE HIT BY PHISHING ATTACKS. THE SITE HAS NOT BEEN “HACKED”, THEY ARE JUST PICKING UP INFO THAT IS IN THE OPEN. PLEASE BE EXTRA CAREFUL AND DO NOT RESPOND!

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

hello new old guy here

The mounts are 100% bolt on for the Speedmaster. Fork angle has nothing to do with any thing. Fork angle is known as "rake" when we lower steering effort we do so by reducing trail. If done with triple tree's people often wrongly call it "raking" the front end. We change the angle of the forks in relation to the steering stem. The stem is what sets "Rake" so what we end up doing looks like we have changed the rake but in fact we have not. We have however reduced trail. It really makes little to no difference what the original rake angle is as long as we design for it.
Jay G
DMC sidecars
866-638-1793
http://www.dmcsidecars.com

Jay G DMC sidecars www.dmcsidecars.com 15616 Carbonado South Prairie RD Buckley WA 98321 866-638-1793 Hours Monday - Thursday 6-4:30

My experience with Claude at Freedom SC is all good. He and Dave installed a Hannigan Classic on my F6b and it has run fantastically. Have travel all around the local area in Eastern NC and back & forth to Fla. twice in less than 4 mon. Claude is a fantastic resource. I learned more from him while they were installing the SC than you can from any book. I have not met anyone who hasn't had a great experience dealing with he and his crew. Not pushy, just plain smart! I don't think you can go wrong dealing with him! Your very fortunate to have such a great resource so close. Good luck with your decision.

Wow...haven't been here to sidecar.com lately as we are quite busy but feel almost embaraased by all these good words. LOL. Thanks all. In any case I would be pleased to discuss your plans with you and see if we can work together on the best route for you to take. Feel free to call the shop at 570 837 5120. Jay are you really serious when you say you have no idea where we are ? LOL.

thanks again Jay, you are making me smarter by the moment-post. gotta get up to my local, Hermy's triumph dealer to see what i can do on a trade. so does a lower # for trail indicate less trail + how important is ground clearance.

Ground clearance is really important for off-roading when taking on ruts, rocks and logs. Not so important for paved roads, thou if you unexpectantly come across roadkill you may be happy to have a few extra inches. Remember though that the taller the rig (higher center of gravity), the greater it's tendency to fly the chair. Fun if you are ready for it, but will "stain the seat cover" if you're not. A lower center of gravity and less "air" under your rig will give you better stability at higher speeds too.

Claude, I said I have no idea where you are as to your back log, I know where you are located.
Jay G
DMC sidecars

Jay G DMC sidecars www.dmcsidecars.com 15616 Carbonado South Prairie RD Buckley WA 98321 866-638-1793 Hours Monday - Thursday 6-4:30