Skip to content

USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

Please to create posts and topics.

HD Sidecar Tonneau leak

I'm looking for information from someone who knows (or knows someone who knows)a good solution for preventing rain leaking into an HD Ultra Classic sidecar through the handgrip opening in the tonneau cover. The odd air flows set up by the fairing, fairing wind deflectors and the sidecar body aim a rivulet (river?) of rain water up and under the cover. My passenger is tiring of the moldy odor that results from a constantly damp carpet.

Move further south or get a pine tree freshener. Heh, Heh.
Sorry pal, I don't have an answer for you but just wanted you to know that someone did read your post.

Thanks for noticing. All my "friends" advise me not to ride when it rains, but what's the point in having a motorcycle in Oregon, then? Or Washington, for that matter. Still hoping someone out there has had similar problems they've been able to solve.

1. it is May 2021 and obviously no one has offered a viable answer since 2003, so maybe by now global warming has solved this problem. otherwise, try a piece of painters tape ( the blue stuff is removable) and bend it into a tabbed V and stick it on the sidecar to create a deflector of sorts. 

I put a small piece of hollow B profile door seal across the car hood right in front of the tonneu cover to act as a deflector. Seems to be working and the car is dry unless it rains and the cover is not on. I just taped the cover where it goes around the windshield pivot posts till I can dream of something to do there      Chuck