Skip to content

USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

Please to create posts and topics.

HD Rear Brake Part

How is this part used/mounted? It is attached to the rear resevior.

Attached files

If you have a 98 or older you don't need it. I believe its the part needed to move your rear reservoir to make room for the front mount after 98. You also need a new rear brake pedal.

Thank you. I do know that it is part #42457-95, my bike is a '98, the hack is a '95 with a '98 tub, and this part was not included in the '98 mounting kit I bought.

Here are a few installation instructions PDFs that show the reservoir mounted on the frame downtubes. If you already have a remote reservoir for your rear brake you don't need this part. The reservoir is under the right side cover on my bike (a 93 Tour Glide). I don't know exactly when they switched to the reservoir integral to the master cylinder. I think you need the remote reservoir for extra brake fluid volume for the sidecar brake and for lower front mount clearance too. Also you only need the shorter pedal beginning with 2002 bikes.

Attached files

-J01350.pdf (659.3 KB)  -J00609.pdf (420.3 KB)  -J00803.pdf (2.8 MB) 

Thanks Davet. Just this last spring I switched my rear master to the Twinkie version to eliminate the remote reservoir between the downtubes. Removing the lid was a PIA. Now I'm going back. I am also removing the extended brake lever and forward extended footboard brackets. All more work than I anticipated, but I'm looking forward to being finished.