Skip to content

USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

Please to create posts and topics.

Has anyone dealt with American Scooter Center?

I am researching American Scooter Center in Pflugerville, Texas just outside of Austin. They are advertising Cozy sidecars at greatly reduced prices than I have found them at other dealers. I have searched BBB but they have no info positive or negative.

Currently they are offering Cozy Rockets for $2395 which is significantly less than other dealers. I would like to know if anyone has experience with their products and customer service. If you have dealt with them in the past I would appreciate your input.

Thanks.

http://www.americanscootercenter.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=101&products_id=1327

I know nothing of this company I do know that there is a company in Texas selling Inder sidecars which look very similar to Cozy but build quality leaves a lot to be desired. Make sure that what you are getting is really a Cozy and not an Inder.
I am not an expert on these sidecars, hopefully some one who is will respond but from what I know, Cozy has a torsion bar suspension. The one in the photo has a shock like the Inder. The last Inder we had in here you could not even put the wheel on (which had seized bearings in it) as the axle was tapered. Also the one in there photo's looks like they are mounting it with "Velorex" type frame clamps which some sellers offer at extra cost. In other works the mounts may not come with the sidecar and if they do they will be of a "universal" type. Phone the company and ask installation questions, if they can not give you good answers changes are that they can not give you good customer support which you may need down the road. If you do buy, pay with a charge card not a debit card. It gives you some recourse. Also be aware that the Cozy does not belong on large bikes.
Jay G
DMC sidecars
http://www.dmcsidecars.com
866-638-1793

Jay G DMC sidecars www.dmcsidecars.com 15616 Carbonado South Prairie RD Buckley WA 98321 866-638-1793 Hours Monday - Thursday 6-4:30

Actually, the Cozy Rocket does incorporate a shock, while the Euro uses a torsion bar axle chassis suspension. I will most definitely confirm it is genuine Cozy before purchase if I go this route however I would definitely like some opinions from customers if there are any out there.

Bear in mind that "Universal Mounting Kit" they sell with that car looks like this, so . . . good luck!

I did end up ordering from American Scooter Center. ASC is the direct importer and I feel like I got a great deal on my Cozy. I got a black Cozy Rocket delivered with Mounting kit (the universal mounting kit is actually a standard Velorex kit, not the one shown above although I did pay extra for it) for under $2600. I received good customer service from start to finish and the owner answered any and all questions knowledgeably. If your in the market for a Cozy, you wont find one cheaper. Now I just need to find a good subframe at an affordable price to mount it on my BMW R60/5.

We offer a /5 sub frame for $775. Keep in mind that the down tube on a /5 is oval not round so you can not just clamp a sidecar to it, also the tubing on the /5 frame is very thin so the sub frame needs to not only provide mounting points but also stiffen the frame and last, make sure what ever sub frame you go with you can still open the seat.
Jay G
DMC sidecars
866-638-1793
http://www.dmcsidecars.com

Jay G DMC sidecars www.dmcsidecars.com 15616 Carbonado South Prairie RD Buckley WA 98321 866-638-1793 Hours Monday - Thursday 6-4:30

DRONE - 11/6/2015 2:35 PM

Bear in mind that "Universal Mounting Kit" they sell with that car looks like this, so . . . good luck!

That's actually the standard kit to install it on a late model Royal Enfield.