Skip to content

USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

Please to create posts and topics.

Harley Sidecar Manual

Page 1 of 6Next

Harley sent me a PDF Manual that is listed as an 07 through 2010. The manual dates back as far as 1999 and covers pretty much of everything. Forum members needing this are welcome to contact me and I'll email it to them. Stay safe out there.

That would be nice email is a1450biker@yahoo.com

thanks for the down load. i have a 06 bagger with a 98 sidecar with updated sealed 3/4 bearings and disk brakes, seems more info is always better, thamks a lot

Thanks I just got a new to me '07 Ultra with an '08 car. Still very low on the up hill side of the learning curve. careyjasm01@aol.com Thanks again.

double thanks for the pdf i just wrote down a bunch of part numbers from the book as the way they changed the brake resivoir will make changing the oil filter a breeze and now to check out the lower bottom brace that was added under the frame for strength need to see if that will fit the 06 it started in 07, off to the dealer, thanks again

You're more than welcome guys.

That would be great if I could get it for my 2003 ultra tle, please send to
hog13@live .com

I'd also like an email copy. Thanks.

I too would like to have the pdf file of the manual. gdryals3@gmail.com Thanks!

Thanks for the offer. I collect these manuals so I can help people out when they ask a question.
Please send the PDF to zigeuner@frontiernet.net

Regards.

Would this PDF manual be something that could be posted to this website? Sounds like there is enough interest that maybe it could be put into the reference section for general availablility (that is if there is no copyright issue or if permission could be obtained from HD). Even though my rig is not a HD unit, I would expect there is probably some general information to be gained. Always looking to be smarter than I was yesterday.

I have seen the"Reference Section" refered to before, but I have been unable to find a reference section that members can upload files to. Am I somehow overlooking where this section is?? Help!

deltasnook - 2/17/2010 2:14 PM

Harley sent me a PDF Manual that is listed as an 07 through 2010. The manual dates back as far as 1999 and covers pretty much of everything. Forum members needing this are welcome to contact me and I'll email it to them. Stay safe out there.

I received your PDF upload. Thanks a lot! It's amazing how much Harley has changed frames and mounting systems over the past 10 years. They keep changing things most every year now.

I appreciate it! 🙂

ragsflh has reacted to this post.
ragsflh

Well, If someone want to email this to me I can upload it in the reference section!

president@sidecar.com

Is the reference section where Hal's book are?

id love to have that on pdf - very much

timo482@mac.com

I'm sort of having second thoughts about posting it here. One of my web guys thinks that we might run into legal issues without permission from Harley Davidson. I know that they like to sell these manuals so if emails work for everyone for the time being, I'll probably continue to chew on this for a while. Sorry.

emails are completely fine

and less likely to choke and puke a server

to

reading the new manual....

its a 5 hour deal to remove the sidecar from a bike now and probably 8 hours to put it back on

there is a brace under the engine that has to be on with the sidecar and off with the sidecar off - have to move the wire harness and brake lines - both ways

the kick stand is bolted fixed with the sidecar on and bolted to work with it off - using different parts

the bank angle sensor must be REMOVED when the sidecar goes off and INSTALLED when its on - or the bike wont start

and the rear brake line takes a different bolt solo and different bolt with sidecar. - and the rear master cyl is COMPLETELY different - replace the whole thing cyl, pedal, lines, rez.

the easy on easy off myth is totally busted....

the parts list that gets mounted ON the bike is double what it was.

to make it more interesting - my 2007 kit is 2007 ONLY, the 2008 kit is 2008 ONLY, the next kit is 2009, 2010..

timo482 - 3/2/2010 5:29 PM

reading the new manual....

its a 5 hour deal to remove the sidecar from a bike now and probably 8 hours to put it back on

there is a brace under the engine that has to be on with the sidecar and off with the sidecar off - have to move the wire harness and brake lines - both ways

the kick stand is bolted fixed with the sidecar on and bolted to work with it off - using different parts

the bank angle sensor must be REMOVED when the sidecar goes off and INSTALLED when its on - or the bike wont start

and the rear brake line takes a different bolt solo and different bolt with sidecar. - and the rear master cyl is COMPLETELY different - replace the whole thing cyl, pedal, lines, rez.

the easy on easy off myth is totally busted....

the parts list that gets mounted ON the bike is double what it was.

to make it more interesting - my 2007 kit is 2007 ONLY, the 2008 kit is 2008 ONLY, the next kit is 2009, 2010..

Yeah, I looked at that book and was amazed how much more difficult they have made it.

Do you mean the roll over switch (88115-03)rather than the Bank Angle Sensor? The Bank Angle Sensor on my bike is built into the TSSM (Turn Signal/Security Module).

That lock for the side stand is really unnecessary. I've never had mine move since I installed the sidecar. I guess they're concerned about liability, 100 years later. LOL.

That frame support is an interesting-looking thing, isn't it? I wonder why they decided to add that. As far as I know, the earlier Harleys never suffered from broken frames. It must have to do with the design of the 2009 frame. The changes they are making routinely now are going to ensure that used parts won't be available in a few years.

It also sounds like it will be a great deal more expensive. Oh well. I guess I'll keep what I have.

Page 1 of 6Next