Notifications
Clear all

Harley LE OEM Instructions/manual

11 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@snakeoil)
Topic starter

Hi guys. I have not been here in a long time. I see things have changed a bit. Glad my logon credentials still worked.

I recently purchased a 1944 Harley LE sidecar that was a military police hack at Plattsburgh AFB. Bought it from the family that bough it from the AFB.  I'm looking for the original HD instructions that would come with a new sidecar back then. I can find TLE instructions on the web. But have struck out on LE info. Actually LE info in general is difficult to find. The Service Manual for my '47EL Harley mentions these instructions. I'm going to put the hack on my '47 EL Knucklehead within the next week or so. I can work my way thru the process as this is not my first sidecar rig. But it is my first rigid frame Harley sidecar rig. 

I've posted a similar request on the AMCA site, but all you hear over there are crickets chirping. A lot of knowledgeable HD guys I know tend to be a bit on the digitally challenged side which is I think is what drives the limited participation over there.

Thanks,

Rob

Posted : July 1, 2020 1:56 am
(@2FLTC)

I going to do some digging around and see what I can fine in the next week or two. I let you know if I find anything or not.

Posted : July 1, 2020 2:49 am
(@2FLTC)

It looks good I should have them in me hands in the next day or so and I'am going the make a copy for you.

Posted : July 1, 2020 3:36 am
(@al-olme2)

Any instruction books [not in violation of copyright] can be posted in the Sidecar Tech section of this site. To have that done, please contact Al via the contact form on this site. 

Posted : July 1, 2020 6:54 am
(@2FLTC)

Bob I have the Instructions in my hand, let me know if you still need them. 

Posted : July 2, 2020 11:30 am
(@2FLTC)

What a waste of time hunting these instructions down. there going back in the volt. 

Posted : July 8, 2020 2:24 am
(@al-olme2)

Pete,  I don't understand the post but if you're willing to scan the instructions, send them to me and I'll add them to the other manuals we have in the tech section.  Thanks.

Posted : July 8, 2020 6:53 am
(@2FLTC)

Al  Wouldn't you think if you ask for something you would check for a reply. It's being almost three weeks. Maybe he  forgot or got busy.  No big deal. Just don't ask me again.

Posted : July 17, 2020 2:26 am
(@al-olme2)

Pete,  You'd be shocked to see the number of folks who post ads, with no way to contact them, and never come back to see if anyone is interested.  Maybe they're relying on telepathy.

Is your set of instructions the same as the ones we have posted at https://sidecar.com/hd-tle-sidecar-install/ ?  If it's different I'd like to add it to the site if you're willing.

Posted : July 17, 2020 6:21 am
(@2FLTC)

Al   No theses are different, there for the ones in the 40's and up to the 50's. I borrow them from a friend of mine that has a nice collection from the 30's-40's and a few with sidecar. These original instructions are staple together so  I will as him ask him if I can separate them to scan them. The next time I see him I will ask him if he will let me do it, I it is OK with him I will do it. Right now I have a 79 FLH with the matching sidecar sitting still looking brand new. Its going to a new owner. Well time to me to get back to work. 

Posted : July 17, 2020 7:21 am
(@al-olme2)

Thanks Pete.  We'll happily wait for your friend.

Posted : July 17, 2020 3:15 pm