USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

WE ARE NOT ASKING FOR GIFT CARDS. IF YOU RECEIVE AN EMAIL TO THAT EFFECT, IT DID NOT COME FROM THE USCA. IT IS A PHISHING SCAM. DO NOT REPLY!

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Harley Car Tire coker 550 16 excelsior

I have a 2006 Harley Ultra I know pre 2008 Harley car tire sizes are limited to about three choices in the close to same size. Is the coker 550 16 excelsior Stahl Radial worth the money to spend $100 more? I do not mind spending the money for the Coker but want the best tire life. I ate a rear tire in 5K miles with good allignment and need to try something else. I am also ok to gear down with a 175/60R16 I think so I am open to any solution I have been tempted to gear down the front sprocket anyway.

Whats up? Did you hear about Carl getting killed. Did you ever get yours where it ran right and got better fuel mileage. Ask James about that tire. He did not like it and said he did not get much if any better mileage out of it. I am trying a new tire but only have a couple thousand on it.

i got 10 k out of mine, rode really well, no issues at all - but its more hassle so I'm going to run a stock tire a round.

basically - with a stock tire i can ride into the dealer - and in a hour its got a new tire.

with the coker i have to take it out, take it to the dealer and drop it off, pick it up and put it back on the bike.

timo482 - 2/26/2014 10:30 PM

i got 10 k out of mine, rode really well, no issues at all - but its more hassle so I'm going to run a stock tire a round.

basically - with a stock tire i can ride into the dealer - and in a hour its got a new tire.

with the coker i have to take it out, take it to the dealer and drop it off, pick it up and put it back on the bike.

Not a problem for me as I change and balance all my own tires.

Yes many motorcycle shops will not change a car tire on a motorcycle and many car shops will not change a car tire on a motorcycle rim. Talk to Eddie in the club about this.