Skip to content

USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

Please to create posts and topics.

Happy Thanksgiving from the USCA

Hope everyone has a safe and wonderful Thanksgiving 2020..  Hope to see you at a Rally or two next year.

Dave USCA president

Uploaded files:
  • You need to login to have access to uploads.
Deleted user and smitty901 have reacted to this post.
Deleted usersmitty901

And the same good wishes from me as well. I'm most thankful for my wife of 50 plus years and the family that has resulted from those years. But coming right behind that, I'm thankful for the friends I've made through USCA and other motorcycle related connections. Friends come easy when one runs with a sidecar.... Looking forward to the virus being history and all our rallies and events back to normal.

Happy Healthy Thanksgiving to everyone! 

Hi All and a very Happy Thanksgiving.  I am especially thankful for family and friends.  

Wishing the best for all this Thanksgiving.  Family here for a good meal . We see each other all of time but still good to gather on this day.

Remember all the Lord has done for us.

This year's Thanksgiving family gathering went  like the 2020 Rally.. postponed until 2021.

Have a lot to be thankful for though...  wife of 47 years, 3 sons, 3 daughters-in-law, 5 grandsons, 4 siblings and the entire USCA family. 

Bless you all.

Jan, USCA VP

doynebruner has reacted to this post.
doynebruner

Jane and I had a quiet Thanksgiving Day.  The house is usually filled with 20-25 of us for Thanksgiving, Christmas, and Easter, though this year we didn't have an all-family Thanksgiving gathering.  Wednesday evening our youngest daughter, husband and three children came to our place and brought their dinner of pizza while Jane and I had our brats, sourkraut (just me), and other side dishes.  Yesterday we picked up two meals from the local FFA chapter's complementary community Thanksgiving meal distribution center and ate them at home.  Then about mid-afternoon we went to our son, daughter-in-law, and two grandchildren's home and had dinner with them and played some games after dinner before returning home.

I spent much of the day doing genealogical research, some of it for my side of the family, some for Jane's side, and some for people buried in the tiny pioneer cemetery in the corner of our farm and their families.  All those graves pre-date 1900.  It has been interesting to learn how those families were interrelated.  Some came from the same area back East, while others intermarried after settling here.  At least one family moved back to Ohio, while others continued moving west.

I hope the COVID vaccine comes soon enough to permit the USCA national rally in Arkansas.  We miss seeing the rally attendees, the trip there and the trip back.

My first Thanksgiving ever in USA. Blue Ash, Ohio and surroundings: one Supermarket open, one motorway restaurant open, not any bike on the street. Stop counting. It looks like Thanksgiving is a more serious family holiday then any other in the year.

I am definitely thankful for 20+ years being alive and a great family who supports my extravagant way to work once in a while. "I enter where others threw the towel". 

So to all here on this forum have a happy and healthy end of the year. Don't forget: Every day is a gift.

¡Pura vida!

Sven

Alex B has reacted to this post.
Alex B
Quote from Peter Pan on November 28, 2020, 7:14 am

My first Thanksgiving ever in USA. Blue Ash, Ohio and surroundings: one Supermarket open, one motorway restaurant open, not any bike on the street. Stop counting. It looks like Thanksgiving is a more serious family holiday then any other in the year.

I am definitely thankful for 20+ years being alive and a great family who supports my extravagant way to work once in a while. "I enter where others threw the towel". 

So to all here on this forum have a happy and healthy end of the year. Don't forget: Every day is a gift.

¡Pura vida!

Sven

Glad your enjoying your time here Sven. Your welcome to have dinner with the family! My ole lady loves to cook and I love to eat! Hope to chat with you again.

Alex, now that I found out who you are. May I invite you into this excellent hobby to add just one further wheel to your bike family.

A rig is a perfect tool for "to make family".

and  "multi purpose vehicle" like not any else that serves as free gymnasium for the monkey on top. Sorry mistake: The nut. The nut that connects handlebar with saddle.

If possible I think about to get one rig for work in US and another for Germany.

Quote from Peter Pan on December 6, 2020, 9:25 pm

Alex, now that I found out who you are. May I invite you into this excellent hobby to add just one further wheel to your bike family.

A rig is a perfect tool for "to make family".

and  "multi purpose vehicle" like not any else that serves as free gymnasium for the monkey on top. Sorry mistake: The nut. The nut that connects handlebar with saddle.

If possible I think about to get one rig for work in US and another for Germany.

Never thought about a side car for the xs650. Was planing to make it a hard tail “American chopper” does the sidecar coexist with a chopper? We’ll have to find out! I invite you to bring your rig over and turn some wrenches! 
I have a small machine shop to make whatever we need to make!, I enjoy company and so does the family. Talk to you later svan.

Look here and let your imagination off the leash.

http://passionsidecar.free.fr/panoramaside/panoramaside.htm