Skip to content

USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

Please to create posts and topics.

hannigan windshield=lack of customer service

hi, i was wondering if anyone on this site could tell me where i could buy a windshield for a hannigan 2+2 sidecar new or used, i called the factory, they said they would not ship it and that i would have to pick it up in murray kentucky, i live in delaware, about 1000 miles from there, so much for customer service,i can assure you their will be no more hannigan products in my or my son's garage, we both have hannigan hacks. thanks mike

Mike, this surprises me. I had a defect in the windshield on my GTL, and they shipped me a new one with no issue.They were concerned i would be able to mount it muself, so I sent them the windshield frame and they mounted it to that 1st, then shipped the assembly. No charge since it was a defect.

I realize my fact pattern is a little different, but still.....

If it were me,assuming there isn't some missing info, I would ask to speak with David directly.

thanks for the reply,no there are no mistakes or misspoken words, talked to steven and i believe the other one was named john, i called there and asked for "parts department please"was connected to john and said that i wanted to order a windshield for a astro2+2,he then said"we don't ship windshields,you will have to pick it up here, at the factory" the factory is 1000 miles from me,when i told him that he said"sorry,no exceptions", so, to bring this sad tale to a close,here i sit with a $6000.00 hack that i can't use when i go on vacation in 3 wks(no brp this fall)

Well, I suppose I can understand why they wouldn't "want" to ship one,i.e. warranty,shipping/packing costs etc, but that's a lot different that refusing to do it.

Id still try getting ahold of David Hannigan to better understand why they won't do it, then perhaps there is a work around.

Good luck

Get in touch with Clear View, they make custom shields, you may have to send your old one and give Riffle a call at 1-800-262-1237

Motorcycle Windshields & Windscreens

Gustafsson Plastics
Manufacturer of replacement windscreens for antique and obsolete fairings and sidecars. Can replicate from your pieces if they don't already have the specs.
http://www.bikescreen.com/

thanks for the info on clearview screens but i don't have enough of the old one for them to duplicate and they too say they have been unable to obtain a pattern for it. now for all you people telling me how great hannigan is try reading my post to gregbenner concerning the phone call and tell me what i am supposed to do,i called them,talked to the parts dept., told them i needed a new windshield for my hack and was told i would have to pick it up in kentucky, no other options, i told them i live 1000 mi. from them,man said no exceptions, asked to talk to steven(who i had dealt with before) he told me the same thing, now here i sit with a $6000.00 dollar hack that i can not use,my vacation starts on 10-4-07 and we had planned to do the BRP&skyline drive, not now i guess. all the other manufactures that i talked to said they had no problem shipping anywhere,why is it hannigan can't?no options even offered such as a packing charge, shipping ins., additional freight charges, nothing except to pick it up there, now lets talk about the added cost to me to take off work for 2 days,exspenses to make a 2000 mi.trip, motel, food gas, tolls and wear and tear on my car, add that all up and tell me what that w/s is going to cost me,had i been offered a option, i sure would not be sitting here trying to make trouble for a company you all say is great, tell me where their customer service is now,why can other companies ship their products, but hannigan can't or better yet won't, because they can't figure out how to package it,and how about the owner that lives in seattle or fargo or maine, or god forbid fairbanks, do they have to go to kentucky to buy the most replaced part on their major investment, poor customer service, and it should be taken into consideration when buying anything.every company gives good service when you don't need anything except FREE ADVICE. I HAVE TRIED TO EXPLAIN WHAT HAPPENED With NO BULLSH-- APPLIED,if you think they are so great i hope you never need a w/s from them

As has been suggested, talk to David Hannigan.

Are you a member of the USCA? If so you have a directory of other members. Possibly you could find one near Murray that would be wlling to pick it up and ship it to you if you prepaid the shield over the phone, etc.

I don't know Steve or John, but you need to talk to Dave about this before you consider the Hannigan situation final.