Skip to content

USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

Please to create posts and topics.

Hannigan Lift Seat

Hi olyumabill here. Can someone ouy there explane to me how the Hannigan Lift Seat works and about how much lift one gets from it. Thanks in advance

You're not talking about the camber control are you? I have yet ts see a "Lift Seat" for the Hannigan. I have a 94 Astro 2+2 on an 89 Yamaha Venture Royale.

Hi olyumabill here. No I was asking about a lifting system that Cali. Sidecar told me that Hannigan made for people that had trouble lifting themselfs out of a chair. My wife has a condition that makes it impossible to enter or exit my Calif Friendship 1. Since my post I have built a lifting system that works really well. Thanks for your reply. Your friend for safe hacking. Bill Cahill

Check with Peter Smith at Side Effects. e-mail steerite@sidecars.ca

Hi olyumabill,

I'm interested in knowing how you built the lift. I may be interested. Do you have any pictures?

Thanks,

Ron & Luke

You might want to look at the Upeasy seat lifter. (Do a Goggle search and you'll find sources.) The non-electric one is $99.

Ron-n-Luke

Hi Don-n-Luke, olyumabill here. Thanks for your note about the lift I built for my sidecar. I am writing an article for Hack'd magazine about the process. When I get the pictures taken I would be happy to send you some shots. It lifts to almost a standing position. I know that there people out there that can not get in or out of a sidecar and miss out on this great hobby. I hope that this will help them as it has sure has us. Thanks again for your post. Your friend for safe riding. Bill Cahill

Thanks Bill, I look forward to reading the article and seeing the pics.

Ron-n-Luke