USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

WE ARE NOT ASKING FOR GIFT CARDS. IF YOU RECEIVE AN EMAIL TO THAT EFFECT, IT DID NOT COME FROM THE USCA. IT IS A PHISHING SCAM. DO NOT REPLY!

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Hannigan Astro Sport tail light

Anyone have to replace the tail light on an astro sport? I am looking at a used unit with a cracked light and hannigan said they were hard to find off a mid eighties Hyundai Pony Canadian model. If I can't find one what are my options? A fiberglass repair using a different assembly? I am handy but not sure I am that handy.

One option that does not include fiberglass work might be to go with a slightly smaller light and fill the gap with a bezel made of abs plastic which could be molded around corner with a heat gun. Start looking at cars in the parking lot, you might find one that will work or go to a junk yard. It reminds me of lights I used to see on Toyotas and Hondas a few years back. Another option would be to make a plate to cover the hole and mount lights to the plate.

I had an Astro 2+2 with the same tail light, and found a spare in good shape at a Canadian salvage yard, that Lee put me onto. You might be able to find one online, good luck with it.

I have been told that Hannigan has the cut-outs you can get to fill in the hole. Then get whatever light suits your fancy. I am not sure about this. Check with Hannigan. J.R.

There are several of those lights in eBay. Search for "Tail light Hyundai Pony". Good Luck.