Skip to content

USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

Please to create posts and topics.

Hal Kendall

PreviousPage 3 of 5Next

Reardan Tom - 1/5/2014 10:26 AM

Fly, I'm thinking there are a lot of us who are not on the BOD who would second either of the motions...

There are a lot of members who would make the second but the process requires a member of the BOD to make the second. Contact your Regional Director and ask them to make the second.

Just sent him an e-mail saying lets get this done!!

I will second the motion. Hal Kendall did a lot for the USCA and I think he deserves recognition. I am sending my check for $25 in the morning.

It appears that the outstanding amount will be less than $200. I left home (FL) on Dec 25th and didn't return until a couple of days ago. Depending on where my wife dropped off the out-going snail mail, I'm pretty sure my check wasn't in the accounting at the museum. With DIrvine's check, that would drop the outstanding balance to $150 at most. I should hope that given all Mr. Kendall has done for the industry, there will be more checks in his memory donated to the museum over time. I don't know how long a wait should be allocated, but perhaps someone more familiar with this sort of thing could suggest an appropriate time table. I also don't know if there is a window where a cut-off by the museum would deny the honor shown to Mr. Kendall by it being closed even if they eventually received the appropriate amount.

The plaques are prepared quarterly so we have until the end of March to have it included in the first quarter of 2014. It remains open until the $500 is reached.

The motion passed the Board will pay the remaining $200.
fly

Joyce,

THX to you and the BOD for making this happen. I hope Hal's family understand the high regard in which he was held at the USCA.

Thanks to all the individuals who send in donations to get this up and going.
fly

I am glad to see it is finally going to get done. Took way to long for something so simple. J.R. Tex rep

Committee of One Update

I talked to Paula from the Museum this morning. She has not received the check
from the USCA for Hal's plaque. The motion to pay $200 toward the plaque was passed
on Jan. 13, 2014. That was 6 weeks ago. Plaques are ordered every 3 months. If we
the deadline, it will be another 3 months . Can someone on the BOD see that this is
taken care of ?

fly

Just curious if what Fly posted has been taken care of.

Hi Claude, i haven't received word from the museum that it has gotten anything yet.
I had hoped after all the views this has received and all the individuals who have
donated their own hard earned money to this project that somebody from the Board
of Directors would have had the courtesy to let us know why this has not been taken
care of and when it will be done.
fly

This is an item which fell through the cracks with the loss of Joyce. When a member called to ask what was being done to fulfill the board action to support Hal Kendall's Hall of Fame plaque I recalled the vote. I'll see to it that we get our share paid. I checked the general forum an I think I have found enough information about where to send the payment. USCA Treasurer

Don, thanks for taking care of this. send check to

AMA Motorcycle Hall Of Fame
Attention Paula Schremser
13515 Yarmouth Drive
Pickerington, Ohio 43147

put a memo on check for Hal Kendall plaque

Paula will let me know when plaque is up.
It should be up by the time JR and Avanell get
here. Will ride down and get pics and do an article
for the Sidecarist.

fly

Hi Fly,

I will be looking forward to the article in the Sidecarist!!

Hi Chuck, i will let you know when we are going. you can ride down with us.
fly

The check from USCA for Hal Kendall's plaque at the AMA Motorcycle Hall of Fame went out in today's mail. It should beat the end of March deadline for getting into this quarter's run of plaques.

Don, thanks again for stepping up and taking care of this.
I will let you know when it is up and you can ride to the
museum with us also. The more the merrier.
fly

Don't make it too soon, Fly. We never got above zero degrees yesterday and have drifts of snow in our yard. The Valkyrie doesn't like to start in cold weather.

JR and Avanell show up here in the summer. It would be neat to have a group of sidecars
go to the museum. Maybe take 2 days and go to the motorcycle memorial wall. Sort of like a rolling rally.
fly

PreviousPage 3 of 5Next