Skip to content

USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

Please to create posts and topics.

Hal Kendall

PreviousPage 2 of 5Next

Good wording Fly. I'm in for a donation. Maybe we could get the club to put up half if we can get the other half donated? You'd have to get a member of the BOD to make that a motion [if there's any interest]. OTOH, there's plenty pf money in the treasury if the club feels that honoring Hal is worthwhile. Sale of Hal's CDs will bring in future revenue. I don't believe that the club paid for Ed Johnson's plaque, but I'm often wrong.

We are in for $25, more if needed. Someone should make a motion so it can be started. J.R. Tex rep

Fly - 12/19/2013 12:15 PM Page 2 Paula called this morning. Ed Johnson's plaque is the same size. It reads. Edgar Johnson Manhattan Illinois USCA #1 i thought maybe Hal Kendall Cofounder United Sidecar Association not everyone knows what USCA stands for. this way it is a tribute to Hal and publicity for the Association. fly

Hi Fly,

Thankyou for following up on this, now we need to attract the USCA board's attention.......I to would be more than happy to donate towards it.

I can't make a motion either, too bad we don't have a NE or a MW Director who is concerned about this. I'll send my personal donation off today to start the ball rolling.

I have called and set this up. Currently you cannot make in memory donation on line. Checks can be mailed with a note in the memo stating in memory of Hal Kendall.

Motorcycle Hall of Fame
13515 Yarmouth Dr.
Pickerington, Ohio 43147

Joyce - 12/20/2013 11:21 AM

I can't make a motion either, too bad we don't have a NE or a MW Director who is concerned about this. I'll send my personal donation off today to start the ball rolling.

I have called and set this up. Currently you cannot make in memory donation on line. Checks can be mailed with a note in the memo stating in memory of Hal Kendall.

Motorcycle Hall of Fame
13515 Yarmouth Dr.
Pickerington, Ohio 43147

Hi Joyce,

Maybe before you send anything to the AMA could you please mention it on racdis, not all of the directors...or what is left of them..... I believe go through the topics here.

As to the open board positions, sadly it seems to be a common thing these days every where.

Chuck, there are more things to consider and many IRS complications. Like a 501C7 non-profit donating to a 501C3 non-profit. At the same time personally anyone can take a charitable deduction. My check is already in the mail and I hope many more will follow.

Revised 12/21/2013: Since several of us plan to make personal contributions, I'm considering making a motion for the Association to match our members and fund 1/2 ($250) the AMA memorial plaque for Hal. Jena & I in for $25. 

Lee / Summer Grove, Louisiana: Ural cT, CJ750, Burgman/Texas Ranger, Zuma 50F, MB5, TW200, CRF250L, GTV300

$25 seems to be the standard that's been set so count me in... I'll put the check in the mail this morning.

Swamp Fox, thanks for stepping up and making the motion that the USCA pay $250 of the plaque.
my check is in the mail. hopefully by mid January all the ducks will be in a row.
fly

My check for $25 is in the mail. Any possibility of a picture of plaque when it's done? Thanks J.R. Texas rep

Will a donation to, Motorcycle Hall of Fame, 13515 Yarmouth Dr., Pickerington, Ohio 43147 with a note in the memo section stating, "In memory of Hal Kendall," be used to help purchase the aforementioned permanent display in the Hall of Fame at the AMA?

I trust it will Esau. We plan to to the same.

Lee / Summer Grove, Louisiana: Ural cT, CJ750, Burgman/Texas Ranger, Zuma 50F, MB5, TW200, CRF250L, GTV300

Roger that, SwampFox, dittos here.

My check is in the mail. And thank you Esau for for your by line.

while i was out removing 12" of white global warming Paula from the Museum called.
She told Mrs. Fly donations are at $300. Is the USCA going to come up with the other $200 ?
fly

Fly - 1/3/2014 3:19 PM

<>. Is the USCA going to come up with the other $200 ?
fly

I looks like the motion DIDN'T EVEN GET A SECOND! I'm really disappointed. If you want this to happen, contact your regional director and tell them that you want them to take action. If they still don't speak up, run for the BOD next year! We need folks on the BOD who are at least interested enough to discuss things and bring a motion to a vote.

I lost the connection.
At what stage are we on this project?
Sven

Hello Sven, cost of plaque $500
donations $300 as of 3 jan.
23 dec. Swampfox [Lee] SC director moved to have USCA pat $250 of cost.
Motion was not seconded. 4 Jan. Lee moved to have USCA pay to remaining $200.
Waiting for someone on the Board to step up to the plate and second it.
fly

Fly, I'm thinking there are a lot of us who are not on the BOD who would second either of the motions...

Chuck whose idea this was originally, Al Olme and myself are all former Board members.
fly

PreviousPage 2 of 5Next