Skip to content

USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

Please to create posts and topics.

Hal Kendall

Page 1 of 5Next

there is a post on SCT that Hal Kendall passed away on Oct. 5th.
fly

So sorry to hear of Hal Kendall's passing. Sidecaring has lost a great man.

Ditto what Dave said. Our heartfelt condolences to all the Kendall family. The sidecar world lost a rock from it's foundation.

Hal has left a huge footprint with his sharing of knowledge without cost to thousands of us in the sport and industry.

Lonnie

Reardan Tom - 12/2/2013 10:42 AM: Ditto what Dave said. Our heartfelt condolences to all the Kendall family. The sidecar world lost a rock from it's foundation....

Hack'n - 12/2/2013 12:28 PM: Hal has left a huge footprint with his sharing of knowledge without cost to thousands of us in the sport and industry....

+1. I sure wish I would have had an opportunity to meet Hal.

This photo:

and more can be found here: http://obits.dignitymemorial.com/dignity-memorial/obituary.aspx?n=Halcombe-Kendall&lc=2673&pid=167399275&mid=5690066&locale=en_US

Lee / Summer Grove, Louisiana: Ural cT, CJ750, Burgman/Texas Ranger, Zuma 50F, MB5, TW200, CRF250L, GTV300

Just a thought, but Maybe the Board of directors would consider purchasing a plaque at the AMA museum like they did for Ed Johnson Hal's Cofounder of the United Sidecar Association

Chuck, that is a great idea. It is a small price after all Hal has done for the USCA.
fly

Chuck, an excellent idea. Fly expresses it perfectly.

I agree with Chuck and all those who support this idea. The least we can do.

Both Hal and Ed were the founders of the USCA and they need to be remembered, they are the reason that we are connected today.

I agree that it would be a tribute to a man who made sidecaring what it is today. He was one of the most sidecar savy persons that anyone could hope to meet. His work will go on for decades. His sidecar manual is known all over the globe to be one of the most informative books every published.

I don't seem to find any information on the AMA site about purchasing a plaque. Can someone send me more information? If I remember right the USCA didn't purchase one for ED but we might have sent a contribution.

I think this may be what you are looking for Joyce: http://www.motorcyclemuseum.org/GetInvolved/GiftsInHonor.aspx

Joyce - 12/6/2013 9:40 AM I don't seem to find any information on the AMA site about purchasing a plaque. Can someone send me more information? If I remember right the USCA didn't purchase one for ED but we might have sent a contribution.

I remember bringing it up maybe it was one of those things that went by the way side, but I did find this.

Edgar N. Johnson
Mitchell Goldflies, Lincolnwood, IL
Northwind Riders, Bolingbrook, IL
Terry R. Strassenburg, Saint Anne, IL

My vote is to go ahead and do it. If anyone objects,we will take up donations at Nationals in June. J.R.. Texas rep.

I agree.

It's been 2 weeks since Chuck suggested we purchase a plaque for Hal at the AMA Museum.
Everyone who posted thought it was a good idea. How about someone on the Board of Directors
put this in a motion and get it done.
fly

I sent them an email inquiry about cost but never got a reply. I will appoint you as a committee of one to find out what it costs and the process. We need members to step up and help us out. I don't see a motion coming until we have necessary information.

Committee of One Report
AMA Motorcycle Hall of Fame 2" x 6" walnut block lazer engraved
3 lines 25 letters per line
permanently displayed in the Founders Hall
cost $500
contact person Paula Schremser pn# 614-856-1910 ex1198

she will call me tomorrow morning to tell me what Ed's is like.

who is going to make the motion ?

fly

Page 2
Paula called this morning. Ed Johnson's plaque is the same size. It reads.

Edgar Johnson
Manhattan Illinois
USCA #1

i thought maybe Hal Kendall
Cofounder
United Sidecar Association

not everyone knows what USCA stands for.
this way it is a tribute to Hal and publicity for the Association.

fly

Page 1 of 5Next