Skip to content

USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

Please to create posts and topics.

Hacks in the movies

Page 1 of 2Next

A friend just alerted me to a movie called Garden State that features a rider who owns a sidecar.

I'll have to see it, but I was wondering about other movies that have featured sidecars. I can't think of any, but then I have only been interested in hacks for a relatively short amount of time.

Any recommendations?

Rich

Originally written by Jaguzzi on 8/3/2006 5:26 PM

A friend just alerted me to a movie called Garden State that features a rider who owns a sidecar.

I'll have to see it, but I was wondering about other movies that have featured sidecars. I can't think of any, but then I have only been interested in hacks for a relatively short amount of time.

Any recommendations?

Rich

Horrible movie. Sneak a bottle in. On second thought, I don't think that would make it tolerable.

Indiana Jones snd the Last Crusade has one. Much better movie.

1. Seance on a Wet Afternoon (1964)
2. Wallace & Gromit in A Close Shave (1995)
3. Duck Soup (1933)
4. Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade (1989)
5. Eau chaude, l'eau frette, L' (1976) aka "A Pacemaker and a Sidecar"
6. Hell's Angels (1930)
7. The Spy Who Loved Me (1977)
8. I Was a Male War Bride (1949)
9. Regel nr. 1 (2003)
10. On a retrouvé la 7e compagnie (1975)
11. Beach Blanket Bingo (1965)
12. Love, Speed and Thrills (1915)
13. Dr. Goldfoot and the Bikini Machine (1965)
14. The Wild Thornberrys Movie (2002)
15. Hard Knocks (1979)
16. Fidanzati della morte, I (1957)
17. Sidecar Racers (1975)

And what about one of the best movies with a sidecar, The Great Escape with Steve McQueen?

Originally written by thomsears on 8/3/2006 7:52 PM

And what about one of the best movies with a sidecar, The Great Escape with Steve McQueen?

There are a lot of movies like The Great Escape, especially war films that feature a sidecar somewhere in the background, but the ones above actually have principal characters in or around one. I'm sure there are a lot more, those were just the ones I could come up with on a moment's notice. :0} Thanks to http://www.imdb.com

The lead character in "Turk 182" drove a rig that was supposed to be an old Indian (I think it was) and who can forget Strawberry's rig in Cheech and Chongs "Up In Smoke"?

Going out on a limb here, but didn't Clint Eastwood make a movie with an orangutan? Also, the English culinary show "The Two Fat Ladies" (or something like that) featured two women in a sidecar. Triumph-Watsonian I think.

Another movie. "The Russians are Coming, The Russians are Coming."

I remembered another one.
"A different Story" Perry King and Meg Foster. 1978 In So Cal we see Perry around at different motorcycle events. He has riden his Sidecar to the Griffith Park Run in Ocotber.

http://www.impawards.com/1978/different_story.html

The only thing I got on that link was a Verizon ad-

Bite the bullet.

Can anyone really forget the "batcycle" on the Batman TV series?
AL

"Target" 1985
With Gene Hackman and Matt Dillon. Interestingly Gene Hackman has played in Two movies in which he Rides/drives a sidecar, this one and "Bite The Bullet."

Originally written by Uncle Ernie on 8/5/2006 12:30 AM

The only thing I got on that link was a Verizon ad-

the link opened a nice poster of the 2 in a sidecar for me!

I got the picture too
Ron in Co

I do not know what to tell you Uncle Ernie but I got the picture also, he he

yep, poster, nice driver.

Got it this time, but it looks like Robert Redford and Valerie Bertinelli to me. Had a good laugh.

I forgot the classic movie with a sidecar. "I was a Male Warbride."
Cary Grants rides around in a BMW sidecar while Ann Sheriden drives.

"I was a male warbride" Poster.
http://www.impawards.com/1949/i_was_a_male_war_bride.html

Page 1 of 2Next