Skip to content

USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

Please to create posts and topics.

Hacks In The Innauguration

PreviousPage 2 of 2

Al Olme - 1/25/2017 11:24 AM I can see where this might be headed and I want to put all parties on notice that we will not have a war here. Please keep to the original topic, not contracts, not pricing and definitely not who said what when.

And yet there were five more posts that were not on the original topic........

Hoping that folks will let this die without having to stomp it out as Admin. We generally allow quite a bit of slack because we feel that less management is better than more but if things get out of hand we'll freeze the thread and put all the posters on moderation. That's more work for us and we don't like censorship in principle.

I quote dear friend Tom: " Time to keep smilin' and move forward."

And for to get back on OP:
As someone who has passed quite a few years as year round rider on 2 and 3 wheels before emigration into warmer spaces: I prefer for safety and manuverablity reasons the rig way over any 4 wheeler in ice and snow.
In those years I got a special training from a border control police driving teacher...Guess what? He too prefered the 3 wheeled rig in winter, respectively the Unimog.
Sven

I quote dear friend Tom: " Time to keep smilin' and move forward."

And for to get back on OP:
As someone who has passed quite a few years as year round rider on 2 and 3 wheels before emigration into warmer spaces: I prefer for safety and manuverablity reasons the rig way over any 4 wheeler in ice and snow.
In those years I got a special training from a border control police driving teacher...Guess what? He too prefered the 3 wheeled rig in winter, respectively the Unimog.

---
And in relation to the side stray Jay mentioned: Same story here and for the local Jawa-importer friend Fernando costed it not only his retirement fund, but he had to work for 15 year longer way into his pension age.
Up front arranged public bits not only cost the tax payers, but serious money to suffering competitors. I kept quiet and smiled to myself...the big world is not much different from the small 3rd world.

Been there, suffered it myself.

Sven

You didn't step on any toes. You made an observation. It was a worthy observation. Thank you.

I too enjoyed seeing all the hacks in the Inaugural parade. Mine is a TLE on a road king. I thought they used them a) because they were moving so slow it would be difficult to stay in formation on 2 wheels, and b) they probable had well-armed Secret Service agents crouched under the tonneau covers inside those sidecars in case it got dicey with protesters....

PreviousPage 2 of 2