Skip to content

USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

Please to create posts and topics.

Hackers in Toronto

PreviousPage 2 of 2

sorry friend, No,..I purchased my car used from a fellow in N.Falls,N.Y., and as a millwright, I fab'd my subframe and hardware and mounted it to a factory '02 marauder 800 myself,..stock suzuki rake and trail,..I added Harley FLH bars for leverage, and fairing for protection, but no structual mods to the bike,..a leading link front-end is "power steering" for a hack,but I don't feel the need for it, it wasn't used in 1908,..I can live without it today,..lol cheers crawf.

Just read your conversations here. I'm a sidecar rider in Ottawa and looking for other hack riders to ride with. Will travel most anywhere. Have been a member of the Canadian Sidecar Assoc. for a few years now. Have also been to the Rally in Trenton a few times. I understand that there will also be a sidecar rally somewhere in Vermont this summer. Would like to go to that one. Will try to get to Port Dover Aug 13.
Owner of 2003 BMW K1200 LT e/w California Friendship 1 sidecar. I'll add a picture here when I get one with a file small enough to download . Apparently the only one I have now is too big 🙂

durq - 3/31/2010 5:00 PM

Just read your conversations here. I'm a sidecar rider in Ottawa and looking for other hack riders to ride with. Will travel most anywhere. Have been a member of the Canadian Sidecar Assoc. for a few years now. Have also been to the Rally in Trenton a few times. I understand that there will also be a sidecar rally somewhere in Vermont this summer. Would like to go to that one. Will try to get to Port Dover Aug 13.
Owner of 2003 BMW K1200 LT e/w California Friendship 1 sidecar. I'll add a picture here when I get one with a file small enough to download . Apparently the only one I have now is too big 🙂

I believe you bought your LT from a friend of mine in Kingston? I have both an LT without SC and a R75/6 with a leaner SC. I won't be at Dover as I will be on a flight to Germany. If you are in our area drop in.

Garry

the CF1 has served me well,...I'll be in Dover,..as a local I usually go, got stuck working last Nov, but booked off for August,..my rig is easy to spot,..I have the "crazy frog" running on the rear luggage rack, lol,..see ya there, cheers crawf,

Garry
Re: LT from Kingston: I actually bought it from a guy just north of Gannanoque. If that's what you meant, as they are close to each other. Beautiful bike to drive. Just had the car colour matched to the bike and spent all day getting it ready for the road again.

Crazy Frog : I'll look for you in Dover. Talking with some people that frequent to Trenton Rally, it was mentioned that a group of sidecars were trying to organize a run to Dover as well. We'll see what they come up with.
I'll look for you

If anyone out there has information on the Essex Vermont rally this coming summer, I'd be interested to getting some detail.

Don
Ottawa

durq - 3/31/2010 6:28 PM Garry Re: LT from Kingston: I actually bought it from a guy just north of Gannanoque. If that's what you meant, as they are close to each other. Beautiful bike to drive. Just had the car colour matched to the bike and spent all day getting it ready for the road again. Crazy Frog : I'll look for you in Dover. Talking with some people that frequent to Trenton Rally, it was mentioned that a group of sidecars were trying to organize a run to Dover as well. We'll see what they come up with. I'll look for you If anyone out there has information on the Essex Vermont rally this coming summer, I'd be interested to getting some detail. Don Ottawa

Hi Don,

The 32nd National sidecar Rally is in July from the 8th to the 11th at the Champlain Valley Exposition in Essex Junction Vermont this is out side of Burlington VT.

If you are planing to attend you can down load a form to pre register by going to the home page and clicking on the "2010 rally" button should you wish the cost is $30. for members and $35. for non members AFTER june 1st the cost for both is $5. more per person

Camping is $9. per night and this is payable when you arive at the CVE and there is a list of motels for those that prefer not to camp

There are still things in the making but, on friday afternoon there will be an ultimate ice Cream run to the famous Ben and Jerry's ice cream factory not to mention there are tons of things to see and do in the Burlington area saturday morning will be a sidecar show for people to show off their rigs and saturday afternoon there will be the famous sidecar games for anyone that would like to partake 🙂

durq - 3/31/2010 6:28 PM

Garry
Re: LT from Kingston: I actually bought it from a guy just north of Gannanoque. If that's what you meant, as they are close to each other. Beautiful bike to drive. Just had the car colour matched to the bike and spent all day getting it ready for the road again.

Don
Ottawa

Don

That's my friend, he kind of regrets that he sold it......

Garry

Gannanoque?,...that's where david lloyd is from???,..one of your ol toys dave?,..hehe crawf.

crawf...I do not know if David is 'from' Gannanoque, but he lives in Lachine, Qc...

I thought from previous correspodence that he used to live in that area, and lost his last rig in a fire there while in storage,....purhaps I am mistaken.. hehe... it starts to happen as the age increases,..lol .thanks crawf.

Two important things to remember about getting older...first is that your memory fades...second is...darn I forgot...

Re: Garry Kramer... Your friend owning my LT previous to me.

If he wants to get a hold of me again (I've lost his email) I'll send him pictures of what it looks like now (everything has now been colour matched).......and maybe what it is going to look like soon. ( a new project for it now underway)

Don

crawf - 4/1/2010 7:48 AM I thought from previous correspodence that he used to live in that area, and lost his last rig in a fire there while in storage,....purhaps I am mistaken.. hehe... it starts to happen as the age increases,..lol .thanks crawf.

Hello Everyone,

Sorry I was off line for awhile. I can be reached at [514] 880-3283 or dlloyd@rogers.blackberry.net or davidlloyd@videotron.ca

I live in Lachine, Qc. I am an English Quebec native. Since that fire where I lost the Vstar 1100 and Chinese Ural knock off, I have had a Roadstar w/ Chinese KO again, and now I have a Royalstar with a TM-500 sidecar and a Royal Enfield C5 Military for kicks!

PreviousPage 2 of 2