Skip to content

USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

Please to create posts and topics.

Hack'd magazine gone?

I got a call from Hack'd today letting me know that because of the economy that there probably wasnt going to be any new issues! Too bad.

Originally written by xmikex98 on 2/22/2009 12:26 AM<BR><BR>I got a call from Hack'd today letting me know that because of the economy that there probably wasnt going to be any new issues! Too bad.

Interesting considering Chris just posted a message on her website on 2-18-09 discussing 25 years of Hack'd magazine.

http://www.hackd.com/

Maybe your subscription expired?

I got an email from Chris asking if I wanted 9 back issues in lieu of a renewal request I recently sent. They said the magazine was in "economic limbo".

I was trying to get a new subscription. She called me and told me the same thing as bluehdmc's email. She wouldnt take money for future mags. Most admirable but a sign of the times I guess.

Darn. What a loss to us all.

Karl

I spoke to Chris yesterday and sad to say but it is true

Maybe your subscription expired?

Yes Karl it is a loss to us all,I have been a subscriber since Feburary of 1993.
Guess it's time to pull out the old issues and start re-reading them.
Chris did say she still plans to have a gathering on the mountain for Memorial day and the first weekend in October for this year.

I emailed chris and she is taking care of my outstanding subscrition with back issues.
Its to bad,I really enjoyed the mag

I met Jim Dodson and Chris in 1984 at the BMW Nat'l at Missoula , got the free issue and have subscribed ever since. For many years it was the best and practically only sidecar information source. The Sidecarist was not a good info site back then. We will miss Hack'd. But maybre Chris will be able to enjoy a new life. Doug & Estelle

Originally written by Tory on 2/27/2009 6:03 PM<BR><BR>I emailed chris and she is taking care of my outstanding subscrition with back issues.
Its to bad,I really enjoyed the mag

although Chris may not be in a position to refund part of the subscription I know she is more than willing to fill it with back issues and those are just as good as new in my mind.

It's not only magazines that are going under these days. Newspapers seem to be on the way out as well. I get the Sacramento Bee and I am expecting them to go T.U. any time. It gets thinner and thinner by the week. The classified ads are down to two pages nowadays. That's not good.

With a highly specialized market such as sidecars, the least downturn in the economy will show up immediately in magazine sales.

I've been pleasantly surprised how much could be written on this narrow subject of sidecars. My hats off to Hackd for keeping it up so long. But how many times can you explain setting up a sidecar?

We see the same thing here with the Buffalo NY news paper here it get's thinner and the price goes up they are also talking about cutting back to 3 days per week and weekend editions only.

Not many jobs to advertise around here but seems to have a bit more items to sell.